BREAKING NEWS - FERNANDO FORESTIERI BANNED

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Funny how it’s always forestieri . He needs to grow up and stop spitting his dummy out and reacting to everything . He’s 28 ffs . People target him because he’s known for being a mardy baby . 

Melis is a bell end , everybody knows that and that Pearce is an idiot too.  It is forestieri really that stupid he has to rise to everything 

This makes perfect sense and its difficult to argue against but how would the rest of us react to the constant provocation kicking and niggling he faces (usually with some utterly incompetent official - whose main job should be to protect the spirit of the game - ignoring or missing it). I am sure most of us would react at some point...

On 06/09/2018 at 12:06, @owlstalk said:

Fernando Forestieri has received a three-match ban with immediate effect after admitting an FA charge of violent conduct following the Owls’ pre-season friendly against Mansfield at Field Mill on Tuesday 24 July.

As a result, Forestieri will miss the Championship games against Stoke at home and Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest away. 

Forestieri, Mansfield’s Jacob Mellis and both clubs have also been issued proportionate fines.

The Wednesday forward will be back available for selection when the Owls host Leeds on Friday 28 September.

Fernando Forestieri and Jacob Mellis banned 3 matches retrospectively (six weeks after match) for a melee in a preseason friendly.

Had they just been sent off in the game, then by FA rules on red cards in preseason they wouldn't have been banned for competitive matches....

FF returns against Leeds.... For it was written in the Stars...

A Hatrick for Fernando against Leeds!!

14 hours ago, james o connor said:

Funny how it’s always forestieri . He needs to grow up and stop spitting his dummy out and reacting to everything . He’s 28 ffs . People target him because he’s known for being a mardy baby . 

Melis is a bell end , everybody knows that and that Pearce is an idiot too.  It is forestieri really that stupid he has to rise to everything 

Like to know what you thought of Paolo Di canio or even Carbone then.....they are not from Barnsley you know, you have to manage these type of players. They have a different temperament and you have to manage the Latin fire accordingly (Don’t you Danny Wilson - who called them “Fancy Dans” as soon as he was appointed and soon after that the 20 year slide commenced after Paolo pushed the ref over, Wednesday took the high moral line he never came back ...throwing away a £5m (probably £20m today’s money) VERY skilful asset, and all to West Ham’s benefit....got that off my chest!) 

I pay to watch a bit of flair, not boring Dyer type crap. If you’re going to play Stockbridge or Scunthorpe don’t play him.

Let the passion continue! I believe Forrestieri is one of Wednesdays all time most skilful players and, sorry, but I hate the stereotypical Yorkshire grit, “mardy baby” type comments that could ultimately drive him out.

4 hours ago, Stan Dupowls said:

Like to know what you thought of Paolo Di canio or even Carbone then.....they are not from Barnsley you know, you have to manage these type of players. They have a different temperament and you have to manage the Latin fire accordingly (Don’t you Danny Wilson - who called them “Fancy Dans” as soon as he was appointed and soon after that the 20 year slide commenced after Paolo pushed the ref over, Wednesday took the high moral line he never came back ...throwing away a £5m (probably £20m today’s money) VERY skilful asset, and all to West Ham’s benefit....got that off my chest!) 

I pay to watch a bit of flair, not boring Dyer type crap. If you’re going to play Stockbridge or Scunthorpe don’t play him.

Let the passion continue! I believe Forrestieri is one of Wednesdays all time most skilful players and, sorry, but I hate the stereotypical Yorkshire grit, “mardy baby” type comments that could ultimately drive him out.

A Brave post.....

Wise words, indeed !

12 hours ago, cowl said:

No, Flitcroft took him (Pearce) off, but no-one received a red.

He got the red after Flitcroft took him off it was reported in after match reports. Forestieri got a yellow at same time. It was for sending FF flying through air I believe. I can assure you this is accurate.

2 hours ago, Quist said:

He got the red after Flitcroft took him off it was reported in after match reports. Forestieri got a yellow at same time. It was for sending FF flying through air I believe. I can assure you this is accurate.

Why did the ref allow Flitcroft to bring on another player to replace Pearce if he'd sent him off?

3 minutes ago, cowl said:

Why did the ref allow Flitcroft to bring on another player to replace Pearce if he'd sent him off?

Because he was shown red card after final whistle. Their manager cleverly tried to spirit him away but ref caught up with him. It was in reports of game at the time. Have a look through them. It was probably mentioned on threads on subject on these pages.

It happened believe me.

35 minutes ago, Quist said:

Because he was shown red card after final whistle. Their manager cleverly tried to spirit him away but ref caught up with him. It was in reports of game at the time. Have a look through them. It was probably mentioned on threads on subject on these pages.

It happened believe me.

But that doesn't explain why the same ref allowed Flitcroft to bring on a substitute to replace Pearce.

12 hours ago, Stan Dupowls said:

Sorry when you put it like that , next time I see him I’ll give him a cuddle and kiss .... 

A good talent, but he could and should be so much better ... he isn’t hard done to . He gives just as much as he gets . 

2 hours ago, Minton said:

Because he was sent off after he had been substituted

For what? And Flitcroft seemed completely oblivious to Pearce being sent off since he was congratulating himself on his management of the situation for making the substitution.

On 06/09/2018 at 12:06, @owlstalk said:

Fernando Forestieri has received a three-match ban with immediate effect after admitting an FA charge of violent conduct following the Owls’ pre-season friendly against Mansfield at Field Mill on Tuesday 24 July.

As a result, Forestieri will miss the Championship games against Stoke at home and Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest away. 

Forestieri, Mansfield’s Jacob Mellis and both clubs have also been issued proportionate fines.

The Wednesday forward will be back available for selection when the Owls host Leeds on Friday 28 September.

Fernando Forestieri and Jacob Mellis banned 3 matches retrospectively (six weeks after match) for a melee in a preseason friendly.

Had they just been sent off in the game, then by FA rules on red cards in preseason they wouldn't have been banned for competitive matches....

bit like the english justice system, a shambles

On 06/09/2018 at 12:09, Pablo Bonvin said:

He'll come back stronger hopefully.  UTO FTS.

hasnt he missed enough games for 1 reason or the other, he should want game time not downtime, should consider his temper, a great player not playing enough football.

Still waiting :stuwinky:

On 07/09/2018 at 13:13, room0035 said:

Wait for the post Stoke press conference - it will be used as an excuse if we don't win.

On 07/09/2018 at 12:18, Triple O said:

That's different from your original post which suggested that the manager would use it as an excuse. Something he would never do as far as I can see.