Paul Lambert

31 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Is it just me that supports the incumbent until their gone?

Whilst Jos isn’t pulling up trees right now he’s working under quite tough conditions and I’d imagine his mandate to dump deadwood, reduce salary, cleardecks, bed in kids, not sign players but challenge for promotion is one many coaches would struggle with. 

I feel this season more than ever we need to support what we have and take stock at end of it, wherever that leaves us! 

Give it a rest FFS

Nope we are gunna struggle to get any manager who has a reputation and clout due to our owners let's say "hands on" approach and micro management of everything at the club....

We will continue to only see bizzarre unheard of unemployed foreigners who like to say "yes" for the money....

42 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Barry Bannan admitted he was the best coach he ever worked with...only turned us down last time cos he knew premiership stoke job was coming up...who could blame him.......For people who don’t want McCarthy (I do!!) etc.....he would be a great alternative appointment ..but no doubt chansiri will change nothing till it’s too late anyway

He was deemed not good enough for us last season by posters on here, not a big enough a name.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Yeah . No problem...let’s just carry on 

that's the problem bud that is what will happen,us and the blunts have done full circle 3 or 4 years ago the gulf between us and them was massive,if we don't do someat lively the roles are gonna be completely reversed

9 minutes ago, brando said:

that's the problem bud that is what will happen,us and the blunts have done full circle 3 or 4 years ago the gulf between us and them was massive,if we don't do someat lively the roles are gonna be completely reversed

Yes, when Chansiri came in a spent a shed load of cash on players who are now deemed to be rubbish, and was worshiped.

That's football, by the way the Blunts have been a better run club than us for the last 20 years, they invested in the infrastructure of the club, Training ground, academy, scouting net work, improving the coaching at youth level, attracting sponsors, the list goes on.

This position were are in  is not some thing that has just happened over the last 2-3 years.

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

He would be perfect.

relegated stoke city

ruined villa

did nothing with wolves or Blackburn

plays incredibly defensive football and bombs out senior players. 

Where do we sign ?

Stoke already in relegation zone

villa had no pot to p*ss in and he had to play youngsters

kept wolves and Blackburn up in the championship when they were heading for the drop 

otherwise an accurate assessment of his career - ignoring all the promotions he’s had 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

He would be perfect.

relegated stoke city

ruined villa

Where do we sign ?

Hughes was responsible for Stoke's demise.

Lambert kept Villa up for years after owner stopped investing.

Blackburn were skint, and he did start to turn Wolves around but they wanted a foreign sexy manager.

Plays counter-attack football.

Instills discipline. If Jos can't get a strong response from the squad, Lambert is the sort I'd want. 

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

He would be perfect.

relegated stoke city

ruined villa

Where do we sign ?

Not quite the full story with Lambert!

Aston Villa he had to play a lot of youngsters and did well to keep them up for as long as he did.

Stoke he had them playing well at times but was on a hiding to nothing.

Wolves only let go when they got money, he had them playing better than Wednesday have done for the last couple of seasons.

IF Jos goes he would be my choice. Different managers do well at different clubs. He could be just what we need.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh dear

I can see what you've done there Neil, very clever.

You've highlighting a very small part of my response to perhaps suggest that I'm against foreigners or even worse racist?

My entire quote was...

'If Luhukay were to go I’d love his replacement to be Lambert but it’ll more than likely be some out of work foreign manager we've never heard of.'

This post was in a topic about Paul Lambert, an experienced Championship manager with good contacts in the English leagues. You'll see in the other topics about Luhukay where I have commented that I have often stated we are screaming out for an experienced championship manager, someone who knows this league and is experienced in this league.

Dejphon Chansiri has however each time he's employed a manager chosen to go abroad to the continent and pick up a foreign manager with no experience of the English leagues and who has been out of work for a while.

I don't believe this has worked so far and I don't believe this will work again. If you would like to tell me what is wrong with this view point I'm all ears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, owl84 said:

How about he gives use some believe and something to get behind 

Give the man a chance, nobody was complaining 4 league games ago when we smashed Norwich

Jos knows where he needs to strengthen but he can't, he's had no choice to experiment with formations due to the fact we don't have good enough wing backs to play 3-5-2

I'm not saying Jos is the man long term, who knows?! He may be, he may now, but FFS the talk of him getting sacked now is ludicrous, the blokes hands are tied, our issues are a lot deeper than removing the Manager

Maybe if we all got behind the team/manager it may help us to actually play better & get a win????

Just a thought though

• Like 1