Paul Lambert

Barry Bannan admitted he was the best coach he ever worked with...only turned us down last time cos he knew premiership stoke job was coming up...who could blame him.......For people who don’t want McCarthy (I do!!) etc.....he would be a great alternative appointment ..but no doubt chansiri will change nothing till it’s too late anyway

2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Barry Bannan admitted he was the best coach he ever worked with...only turned us down last time cos he knew premiership stoke job was coming up...who could blame him.......For people who don’t want McCarthy (I do!!) etc.....he would be a great alternative appointment ..but no doubt chansiri will change nothing till it’s too late anyway

You better put a tin hat on, but I am a fan of Lambert so have to agree with the sentiment 

Is it just me that supports the incumbent until their gone?

Whilst Jos isn’t pulling up trees right now he’s working under quite tough conditions and I’d imagine his mandate to dump deadwood, reduce salary, cleardecks, bed in kids, not sign players but challenge for promotion is one many coaches would struggle with. 

I feel this season more than ever we need to support what we have and take stock at end of it, wherever that leaves us! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Paul Lambert has spoken out about the “unacceptable” behaviour of certain players at Stoke City as they ended their decade in the Premier League with a 2-1 win at Swansea.

Lambert is believed to have been shocked by the attitude and lack of professionalism amongst a few senior members of the squad when he arrived at the club in January, and after recording just his second Premier League win in 15 games he spoke out for the first time about some of the problems he encountered behind the scenes.

“Listen, there was things going on that, if I let that away, my standing would drop,” Lambert said. “I was never going to have it. I’m too professional. I’ve been at big clubs myself, know how the game works, and that was unacceptable, what was going on. Massively unacceptable. My god, I’ve not seen anything like that.”

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hillsborough Mole
5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Whilst Jos isn’t pulling up trees right now he’s working under quite tough conditions and I’d imagine his mandate to dump deadwood, reduce salary, cleardecks, bed in kids, not sign players but challenge for promotion is one many coaches would struggle with. 

I feel this season more than ever we need to support what we have and take stock at end of it, wherever that leaves us! 

Mate

I love your positivity.

But I'd be positive if I was 8000 miles away in South Africa. I reckon I'd be even more positive if I was in New Zealand and couldn't get iFollow.

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Mate

I love your positivity.

But I'd be positive if I was 8000 miles away in South Africa. I reckon I'd be even more positive if I was in New Zealand and couldn't get iFollow.

Swings and round abouts buddy. Some good things here, some good things back home! Hard part on life is letting yourself enjoy the good things wherever you are without letting the bad get you down! 

13 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Stop it with that old logic sh*t

Guest Hillsborough Mole
9 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Swings and round abouts buddy. Some good things here, some good things back home! Hard part on life is letting yourself enjoy the good things wherever you are without letting the bad get you down! 

Hallelujah to that!

In fact in some circles "Hard part on life is letting yourself enjoy the good things wherever you are without letting the bad get you down" is the very definition of Conlisio et Animis

Edited by Hillsborough Mole

Personally i think Jos is on a hiding to nothing. The squad is stagnating and going backwards and the players certainly don't look like they are playing for him this season. I know we are only 3 games in but we have looked so, so poor so far. That incident at Brentford where BB was screaming at him and asking what the plan was and he just looked at the floor shows me his is weak and he's not the man for this job. The problem is though does anyone have any faith in DC making a good appointment next? personally i don't. I think he wants weak yes men, people that will be happy just to have the job and won't rock the boat. Can you imagine a Mick McCarthy or a Paul Lambert working for DC? No me neither.

• Like 1