Paul Lambert

1 hour ago, Hughdowd said:

Barry Bannan admitted he was the best coach he ever worked with...only turned us down last time cos he knew premiership stoke job was coming up...who could blame him.......For people who don’t want McCarthy (I do!!) etc.....he would be a great alternative appointment ..but no doubt chansiri will change nothing till it’s too late anyway

The Most Complete Shíte Manager.....ever

Bite lol

13 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I can see what you've done there Neil, very clever.

You've highlighting a very small part of my response to perhaps suggest that I'm against foreigners or even worse racist?

My entire quote was...

'If Luhukay were to go I’d love his replacement to be Lambert but it’ll more than likely be some out of work foreign manager we've never heard of.'

This post was in a topic about Paul Lambert, an experienced Championship manager with good contacts in the English leagues. You'll see in the other topics about Luhukay where I have commented that I have often stated we are screaming out for an experienced championship manager, someone who knows this league and is experienced in this league.

Dejphon Chansiri has however each time he's employed a manager chosen to go abroad to the continent and pick up a foreign manager with no experience of the English leagues and who has been out of work for a while.

I don't believe this has worked so far and I don't believe this will work again. If you would like to tell me what is wrong with this view point I'm all ears.

Someone will come along soon and tell you how about 6 foreign managers have managed to get promotion from this league so their nationality doesn’t matter (including Benitez and Nunes who spent a fortune on players). 

Deja vu thread - coming soon 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The manic obsession from some quarters with Britishness is bemusing and discouraging.

It didn't help Wilson, Jewell, Yorath, Turner, Irvine or Jones.

With regards to the names you've listed there Dave Jones got us promoted from League 1 and during the times when we had Jewell, Yorath, Turner and Irvine, the club was in such a mess that we could have had Sir Alex Fergusson in charge and it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Although that said I will agree with you on Danny Wilson, he was a spectacular failure.

I don't have an obsession with "Britishness" however but I do think it's important to get somebody with good recent experience of this league and extensive contacts in the English game.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The manic obsession from some quarters with Britishness is bemusing and discouraging.

I'm as British as they come, BUT, and it is a big BUT, look at the way English football has gone for years now.

How long is it since the top six/seven clubs were either owned by or had English managers. And the England National side have not exactly pulled any trees up?

Just now, Buxtongent said:

I'm as British as they come, BUT, and it is a big BUT, look at the way English football has gone for years now.

How long is it since the top six/seven clubs were either owned by or had English managers. And the England National side have not exactly pulled any trees up?

The top six clubs and  the national side are light years ahead of us .....it’s what we need now that matters and that’s not another unknown untested overseas manager

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Is it just me that supports the incumbent until their gone?

Whilst Jos isn’t pulling up trees right now he’s working under quite tough conditions and I’d imagine his mandate to dump deadwood, reduce salary, cleardecks, bed in kids, not sign players but challenge for promotion is one many coaches would struggle with. 

I feel this season more than ever we need to support what we have and take stock at end of it, wherever that leaves us! 

I just can't stand Jos.  His press interviews make me want to slit my jap s eye with a rusty nail. 

He's the most uninspiring person I think I've ever seen.

For Bannan to be shouting 'what now boss'whilst we're getting passed to death by 10k fans per week Brentford just makes me cringe at how bad the dressing room is right now.

Meggo, McCarthy, Lambert anyone who can instill a bit of fight and passion and get the players playing for each other again.

Leaders and personalities are needed after the loss of likes of Loovens and Wallace and Jos is neither.

Let's cut our losses and get Meggo in for free until end of season with a big bonus if he gets us into playoffs.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

You’re right that nationality isn’t important 

What matters is having a manager who understands the English game, and most importantly the championship, has good contacts with other English clubs, can motivate average players to perform in this league, and can wheel and deal in the English transfer market.

Its just a coincidence that the majority of the managers who are best at this happen to be from Britain.

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

He was deemed not good enough for us last season by posters on here, not a big enough a name.

That's not the problem...

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

He would be perfect.

relegated stoke city

ruined villa

did nothing with wolves or Blackburn

plays incredibly defensive football and bombs out senior players. 

Where do we sign ?

This is!!

3 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Yes, when Chansiri came in a spent a shed load of cash on players who are now deemed to be rubbish, and was worshiped.

That's football, by the way the Blunts have been a better run club than us for the last 20 years, they invested in the infrastructure of the club, Training ground, academy, scouting net work, improving the coaching at youth level, attracting sponsors, the list goes on.

This position were are in  is not some thing that has just happened over the last 2-3 years.

fully understand hat your saying bud but to be honest,Utd aven't invested that much,success on the pitch breeds it off it,much of the success at the sty is down to their manager,a team who everybody said would go straight down,came out,had a go,shocked everybody and didn't play timid crap like we do,afraid of every opponent,Football is result based obviously,and understand what your saying,but people through the turnstyles is massively important,i wouldn't be surprised if there are only about 20,000 there tonight,our players are not rubbish,they are being asked to play in a system which is alien to them,if you was at Brentford bud you will know what I am saying

4 hours ago, hertsowl said:

What part of ' WE CAN'T SPEND ANY MONEY' do people have a problem understanding ???

Pay off the current incumbent....costs money !!!!!!   He won't be going anywhere.

I'd say all of it mate 

5 hours ago, hertsowl said:

What part of ' WE CAN'T SPEND ANY MONEY' do people have a problem understanding ???

Pay off the current incumbent....costs money !!!!!!   He won't be going anywhere.

Bit radical that concept mate, people won’t go for it!!

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Paul Lambert has spoken out about the “unacceptable” behaviour of certain players at Stoke City as they ended their decade in the Premier League with a 2-1 win at Swansea.

Lambert is believed to have been shocked by the attitude and lack of professionalism amongst a few senior members of the squad when he arrived at the club in January, and after recording just his second Premier League win in 15 games he spoke out for the first time about some of the problems he encountered behind the scenes.

“Listen, there was things going on that, if I let that away, my standing would drop,” Lambert said. “I was never going to have it. I’m too professional. I’ve been at big clubs myself, know how the game works, and that was unacceptable, what was going on. Massively unacceptable. My god, I’ve not seen anything like that.”

With problems we have got we get a suggestion for a guy who inherited a club with similar problem and made a holicks of it.

Another marvellous suggestion.

7 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Barry Bannan admitted he was the best coach he ever worked with...only turned us down last time cos he knew premiership stoke job was coming up...who could blame him.......For people who don’t want McCarthy (I do!!) etc.....he would be a great alternative appointment ..but no doubt chansiri will change nothing till it’s too late anyway

The thing some people can't see at the moment is that any manager won't magically turn us into a table topping / auto / play off team. Even if Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp came in we would still be up against it as they would still be operating within very difficult circumstances.

This season now is all about rebuilding which is fine with youth around a small core of good seasoned pros. There is no other way. We still have enough quality to be competitive or rather not get relegated. As long as there is evidence big leadership mistakes made by Chansiri et al are being rectified I will be happy.

7 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Well, cabbage, any knew manager will have exactly the same players to work with anyway 

5 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I just can't stand Jos.  His press interviews make me want to slit my jap s eye with a rusty nail. 

He's the most uninspiring person I think I've ever seen.

For Bannan to be shouting 'what now boss'whilst we're getting passed to death by 10k fans per week Brentford just makes me cringe at how bad the dressing room is right now.

Meggo, McCarthy, Lambert anyone who can instill a bit of fight and passion and get the players playing for each other again.

Leaders and personalities are needed after the loss of likes of Loovens and Wallace and Jos is neither.

Let's cut our losses and get Meggo in for free until end of season with a big bonus if he gets us into playoffs.  

If ANYONE bets us into the play offs with this squad they should give them the club as a bonus! I will be content to avoid relegation - seriously we are that bad.