What's going on at #swfc?

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

JL on adding players: “We make a mistake when we think only of adding new players and not on the game tomorrow.”

Nothing new when you've been in a dressing room.

Football changes but players don't. 

They always think the team needs strengthening. ..except in their own position...

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He was being pressed on lack of wins, performances, and player motivation

Ps - today Jos was very needled by Andy Giddings (who I thought put forward his best ever set of questions and did really well)

It's a tough question to answer.

Answer 1 - He answers truthfully and hangs the players/club out to dry.

Answer 2 - He says he doesn't know, which makes him look incompetent.

Answer 3 - He says something cryptic leaving us scratching our heads.

Just now, MrTacoSWFC said:

To me id bet on him meaning certain players? Him saying "it won't help anything saying it here" to me points to him saying it to his players...

Yeah could well be

My gut feeling is there are real problems behind the scenes in many different aspects

The absolute worst thing that could happen right now is the squad splitting off into their own little cliques that's for sure.

And even worse than that would be the top paid players sulking like we used to have at SWFC when we got relegated

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

To me id bet on him meaning certain players? Him saying "it won't help anything saying it here" to me points to him saying it to his players...

1 minute ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

We’re only missing hooper and lee aren’t we, is that enough to blame the losing on? 

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Nothing new when you've been in a dressing room.

Football changes but players don't. 

They always think the team needs strengthening. ..except in their own position...

He was on about whether or not we'd be signing anyone after the lifting of the embargo

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I guess it wouldn’t help for him to say there’s glaring gaps in our first team being filled by inexperienced kids because we can’t buy anyone decent.

Couldn't have wrote this any clearer. Jos can see the gaps like we all can. IF he gets the chance I'm sure he'll rectify the issues on the right side and CB first. NON of the u23s are upto playing at top end championship football. We have arguably 4 or 5 players that are top 6 players. The rest just drag them down. Jos knows this. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah could well be

My gut feeling is there are real problems behind the scenes in many different aspects

The absolute worst thing that could happen right now is the squad splitting off into their own little cliques that's for sure.

And even worse than that would be the top paid players sulking like we used to have at SWFC when we got relegated

Like you say... Players questioning the managers ideas? Whether it's true or not we had that bannan thread the other day.. 

Can we fast forward to 7:45pm tomorrow please to play some actual football and not psycho analyse Jos in a bloody press conference. If we win tomorrow all the haters will calm down.

His answers are just truthful, Players need to be motivated and he can only do so much as they are not his players! He has been left with them. He wants to concentrate on a game rather than loan signings. Fair comment. He doesn't want to sit there and slag off everything as to why we aren't winning. Where is the drama???

A lot of you are just looking for anything you can spin as negative. Why? IT HAS BEEN 3 GAMES. CALM DOWN AND LETS JUST SEE HOW THIS WEEK GOES. I wouldn't consider a manager change until November and my calendar still says August so we are way off. Are we Leeds now and want manager changes every 6 months????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In a way I feel for the guy. 

You can't win in a presser, whatever answer you give is the wrong answer when you aren't winning. 

On the other hand I'm a bit bemused by his team selections and am wondering why senior players are being omitted and frozen out. 

Edited by Beholder