What's going on at #swfc?

it's a sad state of affairs if as some have posted think the players are not playing for the manager ,well for me they shouldn't be playing if that is the case ,(I know we haven't many replacements ) but that is by the by , what the players should be doing is playing for the fan's playing for the club and playing for the shirt and their own pride  ,any disagreements or such if there is any should be sorted  off the pitch ,you the fans contribute to their wages so in return they should give their utmost to get a win ,

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

This 100%.

I’m no fan of Jos, but he came over as calm and assured in the press conference.  It helps nobody to sensationalise his comments in this way.

He looks to me like a man who knows he’s going to get a reaction tomorrow night. Maybe we should all just get behind the team and see where we are in a month or do.

As I said, open to interpretation.

Think the reaction comment is expectant but hope to be proved wrong.

We're all behind the team because we're Wednesdayites and will be there come rain or shine and that's why it hurts so much at the moment.

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No it doesn't

Nothing like

He's clearly more restricted than ever before in so many ways. 

If I were him I'd just head back home and put my feet up and fizz this club off right now

The fact he hasn’t done that probably means he’s desperate himself and more than likely knows he won’t get a better gig than this, even though we are turd 

4 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

As I said, open to interpretation.

Think the reaction comment is expectant but hope to be proved wrong.

We're all behind the team because we're Wednesdayites and will be there come rain or shine and that's why it hurts so much at the moment.

It doesn’t help that he’s speaking in his second language. I guess some of his more nuanced answers are a result of that.

He needs time to sort stuff out and reintroduce the players who missed last season. It needs patience and support from us all. If we are still floundering in early October, that’s the time to panic, not after three games.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Tend to disagree Neil. He is chopping and changing players ,changing systems and nothing is working. To me that comes across as he has run out of ideas. 

What f*cking nonsense is this? lol   No he isn't

Team in game one:

Dawson

Pudil

Hutchinson

Lees

Reach

van Aken

Bannan

Palmer 

Pelupessy

Forestieri 

Nuhiu

Game two there were three changes... Fletcher for Nuhiu (forced due to suspension), Fox for van Aken and Baker for Palmer (both unforced). So total of two changes.

Game three there were two changes... Thorniley at LB/LWB and Matias for Reach (again forced due to injury). 

So for unforced changes over the first three league games, we have three. In my mind, making three changes over the course of three games is hardly "Chopping and changing players"... unless of course you're counting the league cup match as him chopping and changing, where we all agreed rotating the squad was the best thing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

It doesn’t help that he’s speaking in his second language. I guess some of his more nuanced answers are a result of that.

He needs time to sort stuff out and reintroduce the players who missed last season. It needs patience and support from us all. If we are still floundering in early October, that’s the time to panic, not after three games.

Don't come on here posting sense.  It's not appreciated, everyone's having a collective nervous breakdown.

23 minutes ago, Hodgyowl said:

KING HENRY V:
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews , summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips ,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!

Hmmm certain similarities

Do you know we lost a 3rd of our troops before agincourt started ?

1 hour ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Couldn't have wrote this any clearer. Jos can see the gaps like we all can. IF he gets the chance I'm sure he'll rectify the issues on the right side and CB first. NON of the u23s are upto playing at top end championship football. We have arguably 4 or 5 players that are top 6 players. The rest just drag them down. Jos knows this. 

Bingo. Pure sense. 

28 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

"Neil is a bit of a brown stuff stirrer.

I've just listened to the press conference in full and Neil is taking everything out of context, JL didn't sound as bad as Neil is making out.

Plus Luhukay never said new players aren't coming in, just that it was a mistake to focus on that and not the players involved tomorrow.

The tiny streaky tashed one can't catch a break at the minute.

Gioerr Neil"

I put all of the above on a new topic but our friendly host has deleted it, this place is turning into a dictatorship on top of toxic central.

@OWLSTALK please explain why this was deleted. I've commented lots on posts following the press conference. Believing the negative spin from yourself. But after reading this and watching it back myself, you are deliberately putting a huge downer on something that wasn't that bad. No wonder DC gives you hard time.