What's going on at #swfc?

17 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Couldn't have wrote this any clearer. Jos can see the gaps like we all can. IF he gets the chance I'm sure he'll rectify the issues on the right side and CB first. NON of the u23s are upto playing at top end championship football. We have arguably 4 or 5 players that are top 6 players. The rest just drag them down. Jos knows this. 

Exactly. Can look for hidden meanings but top and bottom is that we need better players in certain areas but until we can do something about it he’s hardly going to say ‘such and such is not good enough’.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A McCarthy, Megson, Warnock type would never come work for Wednesday under our chairman.

Jos is our best hope. Or it's another foreign manager.

Thing is, it’s what we need to put DC back in his place, make him realise there is another way than his.

If it takes a manager standing up to him behind closed doors and to the media then so be it.

3 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Thing is, it’s what we need to put DC back in his place, make him realise there is another way than his.

If it takes a manager standing up to him behind closed doors and to the media then so be it.

Our chairman is as stubborn as they come it appears.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A McCarthy, Megson, Warnock type would never come work for Wednesday under our chairman.

Jos is our best hope. Or it's another foreign manager.

I think you give Warnock too much credit. He went and worked under a nightmare owner at QPR just to get more money. But i would throw my season ticket in the shredder if he turned up at Hillsborough.

2 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

When you say Frozen/omitted?

Westwood is trying to move because we have 2 quality keepers, Dawson was brilliant at Brentford and kept us in it and Wildsmith is just as good. They need to play.

Palmer - He thinks Baker is better, Palmer is still playing in league cup etc. I agree with him.

Boyd - He has not shown anything since arriving apart from doing ok at left wing back when everyone was injured, not going to change anything if he plays more.

Jones - Could this just be he doesn't rate him and wants to try and bring on some younger lads? Could go on loan before end of August.

Everyone else is injured, Abdi, Joao, Reach, Lee, Hooper.

I think he has made it clear why he has made certain decisions. I don't think he can be accused of freezing or omitting for anything other than other lads are better.

Palmer Jones and Boyd are experienced, proven championship players. 

We are currently playing inexperienced, unproven and in my opinion, inferior players in place of them. 

The keeper situation I'm fine with.

Abdi I honestly don't know about. It's said he is injured but I'm not sure I believe it. Same with Joao maybe he is injured, maybe he isn't- who knows. 

Trying to put some good faith on it, I think what he could be alluding to is some problems with mental health/resilience among the team. Before DC has spoken about players being 'scared' to play and there's a noticeable lack of commitment from many of the players on the pitch - possibly from a fear they'll screw up and end up getting abuse. There's undoubtably a negative mood around the club now and that can genuinely affect players (look at how the England squads used to fall apart before they brought on board team psychologists). And unlike a physical injury there's not a huge amount that can be done to fix it quickly - It's also not something that Jos would want to bring up publicly because that would just pile even more pressure onto the team. 

I don't really buy any of the conspiracy theories about appearance fees, image rights and other nonsense because none of that explains why the teams we put out have underperformed. There's something deeper going on with the team that needs to be worked on. 

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I don’t care about a new manager because it’s irrelevant who’s in charge atm they are goi g to be puppets to mask the nightmare behind the scenes. I honestly 100% don’t think anyone new will be any different they will be deflecting drama. 

As for calming down though town owl, I can tell you right now where we will be in November in and around the bottom 6/8. 

Have you invented time travel and have returned from November? Was it the beginning or the end of November? Did you bring back a sports almanac with you as well? Did you have to go 88MPH?

I think we will be mid table in November helped by at least 4 points this week.

I think tomorrow night will give a clear indication if the players are playing for him or not.

Perfect opportunity coming so close after Brentford for Jos and the team to dust themselves off and show us what they are made of, 100% commitment, playing with passion, playing as a team not a bunch of individuals...I can’t wait :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Palmer Jones and Boyd are experienced, proven championship players. 

We are currently playing inexperienced, unproven and in my opinion, inferior players in place of them. 

The keeper situation I'm fine with.

Abdi I honestly don't know about. It's said he is injured but I'm not sure I believe it. Same with Joao maybe he is injured, maybe he isn't- who knows. 

Proven?? Palmer was Hunts 2nd string last year. I like Palmer he is a good lad. But watching him compete against Baker and Baker has bettered him.

I think we will just have to agree to disagree on Boyd and Jones. I don't want to waste my time putting them in when we can blood some youth. They are there if we are desperate. But i only want to play Boyd and Jones every week if desperate.

1 minute ago, Box_Man said:

I think tomorrow night will give a clear indication if the players are playing for him or not.

Perfect opportunity coming so close after Brentford for Jos and the team to dust themselves off and show us what they are made of, 100% commitment, playing with passion, playing as a team not a bunch of individuals...I can’t wait :ph34r:

Agree, we'll see in the first 10 minutes whether the players want to play or not.

That press conference doesn't fill me with confidence, we'll see tomorrow if they want to play for Jos.

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I want to cry with frustration

I want to shake the Chairman and shout in his face "WAKE UP YOU F*****G IDIOT AND DO SOMETHING"

I want to shake the Manager and shout in his face "STOP BEING SO F****G STUBBORN AND PLAY YOUR BEST PLAYERS, AND STOP MESSING ABOUT WITH THE FORMATION"

I want to shake the players and shout in their faces "STOP PLAYING GAMES - YOU'RE HURTING THE FANS - THE 20,000 PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN YOU AND PAY YOUR WAGES"

I want to shake the fans who still support all of whats going on from the people at the top of our club and shout in their faces "WHEN WILL ENOUGH BE ENOUGH FOR YOU??"

Apart from all of that - everything is good in my world and I still love being a Wednesdayite.