What's going on at #swfc?

2 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Proven?? Palmer was Hunts 2nd string last year. I like Palmer he is a good lad. But watching him compete against Baker and Baker has bettered him.

I think we will just have to agree to disagree on Boyd and Jones. I don't want to waste my time putting them in when we can blood some youth. They are there if we are desperate. But i only want to play Boyd and Jones every week if desperate.

Palmer has over 100 games under his belt at this level. 

Very experienced and very assured. 

I dont care what people say about him on here. 

"Neil is a bit of a brown stuff stirrer.

I've just listened to the press conference in full and Neil is taking everything out of context, JL didn't sound as bad as Neil is making out.

Plus Luhukay never said new players aren't coming in, just that it was a mistake to focus on that and not the players involved tomorrow.

The tiny streaky tashed one can't catch a break at the minute.

Gioerr Neil"

I put all of the above on a new topic but our friendly host has deleted it, this place is turning into a dictatorship on top of toxic central.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

No I can’t time travel but what I can do is use common sense and judge our ability based on the games I have seen and the players attitude. 

I could go the other way like you and live in a different reality and go along with your crazy theory that you think we will be mid table and get 4points this week  just on the basis of, well absolutley nothing but blind optimism. But I’m not silly I’m a realist

I saw us play Hull last week and if not for a little bit of luck we would have won the game, i saw us play Sunderland and start to mix in experience with youth. I saw Fletcher get more minutes under his belt, Matias getting stronger. Bannan starting to run the show more often in midfield. I have also seen Brentford play and on a short week going from Sunderland to West London on 48 hours less rest than Brentford was always going to end badly. They are a good team. We have players getting stronger and more used to how we play. it will take time but i think we will come good. I certainly am not going to blind panic and say we are doomed to the bottom end of the table based on what i've seen. I think we will be fine. So not blind faith. I think you are all just getting far too carried away.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pulsar said:

I've just listened to the press conference in full and Neil is taking everything out of context, JL didn't sound as bad as Neil is making out.

Plus Luhukay never said new players aren't coming in, just that it was a mistake to focus on that and not the players involved tomorrow.

Gioerr Neil"

I put all of the above on a new topic but our friendly host has deleted it, this place is turning into a dictatorship on top of toxic central.

Agree with 1st line not the rest.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Gioerr Neil"

I listened to the Press Conference and saw it exactly the same way as neil did

4 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Gioerr Neil"

Didn't need a new topic as proven now with you posting it in here and it being debated 

We never need threads about other threads

Ps I'm 100% behind Jos at the moment. He's working in totally impossible situation and is just the fallguy currently

Owlstalk Shop

56 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

It’s hardly inspiring confidence is it? 

We need a Henry V ‘the fewer the men, the greater share the glory’ not vague insinuations about non specific problems.

KING HENRY V:
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews , summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips ,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Palmer has over 100 games under his belt at this level. 

Very experienced and very assured. 

I dont care what people say about him on here. 

So we just pick players based on amount of appearances? really? not form? Baker is not perfect but played well against Hull. Palmer is good also and i do like him. But i think if he plays or Baker plays, it will not suddenly change us. Same goes for Boyd and Jones. I think Jos sees more potential in others and no short term gains by playing the 'experienced' players.

5 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Neil is a bit of a brown stuff stirrer.

I've just listened to the press conference in full and Neil is taking everything out of context

3 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I listened to the Press Conference and saw it exactly the same way as neil did

Just now, ElsecarOwl said:

Open to interpretation but must admit don't disagree with Neil.

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Gioerr Neil"

Agreed and RS, Giddings, Howson and co are gladly poring petrol on the flames.

If we go behind wed night, then let's see how the players react.

And the "supporters".

4 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Gioerr Neil"

This 100%.

I’m no fan of Jos, but he came over as calm and assured in the press conference.  It helps nobody to sensationalise his comments in this way.

He looks to me like a man who knows he’s going to get a reaction tomorrow night. Maybe we should all just get behind the team and see where we are in a month or do.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A McCarthy, Megson, Warnock type would never come work for Wednesday under our chairman.

Jos is our best hope. Or it's another foreign manager.

They wouldn’t come but it’s exactly what the team needs 

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

So we just pick players based on amount of appearances? really? not form? Baker is not perfect but played well against Hull. Palmer is good also and i do like him. But i think if he plays or Baker plays, it will not suddenly change us. Same goes for Boyd and Jones. I think Jos sees more potential in others and no short term gains by playing the 'experienced' players.

I just think you don't realise what we lose when you strip players like Jones and Palmer from the team. 

They might not be fans favourites but they have vision, make better choices and are comfortable on the ball. 

I dont think pelupessy or Baker have that. 

I'll tell you what's going on.

We're being destroyed by our megalomaniac/madman of an owner.

Letting him run our Club is like letting my 11 year old fly a jumbo jet, only I'd feel safer with my 11 year old.

I said it at the beginning of last season and got slated for it, and I'll say it now....... we are the next Blackburn, League 1 beckons.

I wouldn't even be asking for an English manager to replace Jos! Chansiri's likely to appoint McLaren when QPR give him the boot then tell us it's our fault for wanting an English manager when we go down.