no 1 keeper and captain

Ideally Westwood n Hutchinson but not fit enough. 

So Westwood n Pudil or Bannan. 

Lees far too quiet for me. 

Think Barry would lead by example and being in heart of pitch all time to voice all around. 

Think Pudil would find it a great honour. 

Maybe it it might be Westwood n Westwood!!!!

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I think it should be obvious. Westwood and Lee’s as captain.  I’d love Hutch to be captain but it’s tough when he only plays 5 games a season!!

Edited by Ian

Tom Lees is a wonderful centre half and a dreadful Captain far too passive and quiet 

Hutch if he could guarantee playing would be my choice as Captain illustrated by the way he brought out the defence against against Villareal when we spent the 1st 15 mins playing on our 18 yard line for me Hutch was angry mad about it and gobbed off at Lees

Maybe we should try what Dean Smith is introducing at Brentford and not have an onfield Captain nominating a different player for the role game by game via the players make them all do it and lead the team

Goalie is a no brainer if he;s fit and staying its Westwood every day and twice on Sunday easily our best keeper 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Tom Lees is a wonderful centre half and a dreadful Captain far too passive and quiet 

Hutch if he could guarantee playing would be my choice as Captain illustrated by the way he brought out the defence against against Villareal when we spent the 1st 15 mins playing on our 18 yard line for me Hutch was angry mad about it and gobbed off at Lees

Maybe we should try what Dean Smith is introducing at Brentford and not have an onfield Captain nominating a different player for the role game by game via the players make them all do it and lead the team

Goalie is a no brainer if he;s fit and staying its Westwood every day and twice on Sunday easily our best keeper 

agree with a lot of this  winning football matches is often down to leadership and togetherness on and off the pitch

the bit I'm iffy about is Westwood the lad is debatably our best keeper but he's made of glass, I can't think of a game where he hasn't received some sort of treatment, bit like hutch really, it's just expected now.  For me and it's sad but due to the Financial state he'll be off 

Anyone who picks Wildsmith in goal need a serious look at themselves. He has been littered with mistakes and cost us points (MIddlesbrough and QPR).

Dawson has been flawless, more commanding and just as good a shot stopper.

Clearly Westwood is No1.

If the manager goes with Wildsmith I am seriously questioning his judgement.

13 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Anyone who picks Wildsmith in goal need a serious look at themselves. He has been littered with mistakes and cost us points (MIddlesbrough and QPR).

Clearly Westwood is No1.

I think Dawson is slightly ahead of Wildsmith but think you are harsh on Wildsmith there isn't a keeper alive that doesn't make errors 

Clearly Westwood is No1.

There's no such thing as a flawless keeper. Your post is silly.

12 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I think Dawson is slightly ahead of Wildsmith but think you are harsh on Wildsmith there isn't a keeper alive that doesn't make errors 

He has made ALOT of errors. His kicking is suspect. I understand every keeper will cost us 1 or 2 goals a season through errors. I struggle to think of more than 1 or 2 in the last 3 seasons which Westwood has made. 1st minute last Saturday his first touch nearly gifted the ball to a Villareal player.

12 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

There's no such thing as a flawless keeper. Your post is silly.

Didn't say there is, see my post above. Dawson has been flawless so far though...

I understand keepers will make mistakes and be punished harshly but it's about limiting them to 1 or 2 a season. Wildsmith made 2 in the same game at QPR let alone all the others.

12 minutes ago, mark77 said:

He has made ALOT of errors. His kicking is suspect. I understand every keeper will cost us 1 or 2 goals a season through errors. I struggle to think of more than 1 or 2 in the last 3 seasons which Westwood has made. 1st minute last Saturday his first touch nearly gifted the ball to a Villareal player.

Didn't say there is, see my post above. Dawson has been flawless so far though...

I understand keepers will make mistakes and be punished harshly but it's about limiting them to 1 or 2 a season. Wildsmith made 2 in the same game at QPR let alone all the others.

But as ever with a keeper you flag his errors yet don't mention the countless times last season when wonderful keeping by Joe Wildsmith kept us in games we should have been hammered in and won us others.

I think we are fortunate to have 3 very very good keepers 2 of them young up and coming keepers too

And got us a point at the lane when we were having the season from hell.

One of the best bits of keeping I've seen.