no 1 keeper and captain

12 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Are you being negative?

Trying hard not to be.

I think we will do better than a lot think. We essentially still have the same squad that reached the play-offs twice (and some think should have got promoted) and so a top half finish should be our minimum expectation. Even higher if we can get and keep our best players fit.

12 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Trying hard not to be.

I think we will do better than a lot think. We essentially still have the same squad that reached the play-offs twice (and some think should have got promoted) and so a top half finish should be our minimum expectation. Even higher if we can get and keep our best players fit.

I can see that you're genuine... just checking.

1 hour ago, Watson said:

Why would you assume that?  Doesn't the transfer window close soon if not already, so he's not going anywhere for the moment.  He's fit and available to play.

Because he's easily the best keeper we've got and we know he's fit and ready to play. Jos has also told us that he'll pick his number 1 for the season today. If that's not Westwood then I imagine he'll be off before the window closes next Thursday. Him staying at the club and playing number 2/3 is no good for the player or the club. 

30 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

There's no doubt that we've still got some very good players, but for me we are too reliant on players with consistent injury problems (Westwood, Hutchinson, Lee, Abdi, Matias, Hooper and Fletcher) and especially in midfield and central defence, too reliant on Academy players for squad depth. In those circumstances, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we're mid-table pretty much the whole season. Injuries to a couple of key players (particularly Lees, Bannan and Forestieri who all missed a large number of games last season) could leave us in very big trouble.

1 hour ago, Wakefield owl said:

How many other clubs are in that position, none I suspect. It can't have helped our preparation for the game.

It matters because it shows there's doubt and uncertainty. 

Do you honestly not think the players know? Really?

Guest addedtime
19 minutes ago, flash said:

Just seen team news - you’re right mate! Looks like he’s off! 

Unless he's number 1 but injured??