If Sean Clare did a UTurn

If he's prepared to knuckle down and stay and sign his offered contract then let's keep him.  Has the potential to be a decent player so if the opportunity arises to keep him I'm all for that, especially with Jos showing the willingness to play the youngsters on merit.

9 minutes ago, james o connor said:

If he stays , knuckles down and proves his worth , then I’d have no issue . If he thinks he’s better off elsewhere , he can go rot with that other streak off p!ss who thought he was better than he was 

I like the Reach interview where actual first team / players of season says they are more humble... if they can be then he should follow in their example and earn his chances. 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

So we gave up on his compensation? Seems strange - any links to that?

I think any contract offer will have a natural expiry and if he hasn't taken it up within that time I doubt that it would affect our claim for compensation.

We have offered him a contract and he has chosen not to accept it.

Just now, OxonOwl said:

I think any contract offer will have a natural expiry and if he hasn't taken it up within that time I doubt that it would affect our claim for compensation.

We have offered him a contract and he has chosen not to accept it.

I maybe very wrong, but I'm pretty certain he goes onto week to week terms, also fact he was injured whilst under contract means we have-a duty of care to facilitate his recovery so even if we did withdraw (which I'm fairly certain we haven't) he would still be under our care. 

I have heard that we are still responsible for his rehabilitation from injury and that seems reasonable.

I have also heard it said that we have to continue paying him. That doesn't seem reasonable.

I don't know about this week to week thing.

Either way, I doubt that he could turn around and decide to sign the original contract as offered. I believe he would have to restart negotiations.

I know nothing. I am just speculating.

It would hardly be fair if he were part of our plans but he doesn't sign so we go get someone else in and then he turns round and decides to stay.

A legend in his own lunchtime,

A hero when t'others were crocked

Alloa Athletic come calling

And he thinks opportunity's knocked

Could've gone to Villa

Convinced that he'd go far

But now his agent's pimping him

To Dunfermline and Stranraer

But now his leg is better,

He's getting all excited,

"I'm staying here" he tells his agent

"No, you're signing for Ayr United"