If Sean Clare did a UTurn

Guest addedtime

If Sean Clare did a U-Turn,

After he said "I'm off"

Then he can quite right royally,

Completely well fizz off.

I think he would start games next to Bannan in Midfield if stayed and applied himself as i think he is a talent. But because of the competition for places and our past of dealing with players coming through i think he might move on. But i think he should stay and build that partnership.

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

I think he would start games next to Bannan in Midfield if stayed and applied himself as i think he is a talent. But because of the competition for places and our past of dealing with players coming through i think he might move on. But i think he should stay and build that partnership.

What about pelopussey? 

Edited by pgmetcalf

2 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

What about pelopussey? 

I think Clare has good potential and so does Joey. both young and would compete for a place. Would be nice to keep both as we have no idea how Lee and Hutch will do with Injuries. Right now i think Clare would give us a better goal threat and would be able to challenge defences more. In answer to the question i think he would be on the team bus and competing to start next to Bannan.

Just now, BigDave1991 said:

If he did a u turn I'd transfer list him and get money for him. No room for players who can't commit

Players um and aah all the time.

There's room for Forestieri for example. De Gea almost left Man Utd etc. Not that he's anywhere near as good as those players of course. He didn't  provide real quality but he provided energy which we had been lacking. 

But he's contemplating changing jobs at a critical time in his career - that's fair enough.

Clare might get a game if we have injuries but if we have a fully fit squad he'd play in cup games or when we had a lot of games in quick succession. It would then be down to him to prove he is better than our starters.

Just because he couldn't find anyone prepared to make him the offer he wanted he can't expect to come back to us and be treated like he is gods gift. He's proved we mean very little to him other than a stepping stone so he can't expect us to treat him like the god he thinks he is.

Prove his worth and his commitment and we will accept him. Until then for me he's on probation.  

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

If Sean Clare did a U Turn.

And made Steve Bruce listen to Usher's Burn.

Then we'd all have to learn.

Not to jump to flippin conclusions 

Worst Haiku ever

I think Sean Flairs problem is he started to perhaps think he was better than he was, had some interest from other clubs and thought I can go and earn more money elsewhere.

I don't really have a problem with that and if he does go good luck to him.

As soon as he got injured however I dare say some of that interest cooled and now he's hoping for a move but as the days go by and he still hasn't signed elsewhere, the likelihood is we will see a U-turn from him.

I hope he does sign as although he's far from the finished article, he has shown a lot of promise although at the moment you'd have to say Bannan, Lee, Hutchinson, Pelupessey and Abdi (when fit) are all ahead of him in the pecking order.

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I think Sean Flairs problem is he started to perhaps think he was better than he was, had some interest from other clubs and thought I can go and earn more money elsewhere.

I don't really have a problem with that and if he does go good luck to him.

As soon as he got injured however I dare say some of that interest cooled and now he's hoping for a move but as the days go by and he still hasn't signed elsewhere, the likelihood is we will see a U-turn from him.

I hope he does sign as although he's far from the finished article, he has shown a lot of promise although at the moment you'd have to say Bannan, Lee, Hutchinson, Pelupessey and Abdi (when fit) are all ahead of him in the pecking order.

Not sure about Abdi. He couldn't even get on the team bus for a friendly at Lincoln.

10 minutes ago, AndersonOWL said:

He only looked good one game, he was average all others

He looked good against Derby and Villa, but poor (though no worse than the others in the team) against Bristol City and Bolton.

Not too bad to make your full debut and look good in half your games.

I'd be very happy if he signed the contract with us.

Will he play though? I don't think he'd start as an automatic choice, but I could definitely see him forcing his way into the team should he get his head down and work hard on his game.