If Sean Clare did a UTurn

Guest Kagoshimaowl
16 hours ago, tarn owl said:

I think Clare has good potential and so does Joey. both young and would compete for a place. Would be nice to keep both as we have no idea how Lee and Hutch will do with Injuries. Right now i think Clare would give us a better goal threat and would be able to challenge defences more. In answer to the question i think he would be on the team bus and competing to start next to Bannan.

Two totally different players.  How exactly would they ‘compete’ for a place?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

He’s burnt his bridges as far as I’m concerned..withdraw the offer and move on wud be my train of thought

If we withdraw the offer, we don’t get any compensation right??

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

If we withdraw the offer, we don’t get any compensation right??

I don't know the implications re compensation, but it's a fine balancing act, compensation isn't likely to be significant...do we want to commit x thousand pounds per week on a young player, who is injured, spent all summer trying to get fixed up with another club and chose to train away on his own with no pre season under his belt.

Maybe the offer can be withdrawn and replaced with an offer commensurate  to his previous contractual terms given he chose to let the contract expire, to protect any compensation? 

We don't owe him a living, he is welcome to leave for me.

Edited by striker

1 hour ago, striker said:

I don't know the implications re compensation, but it's a fine balancing act, compensation isn't likely to be significant...do we want to commit x thousand pounds per week on a young player, who is injured, spent all summer trying to get fixed up with another club and chose to train away on his own with no pre season under his belt.

Maybe the offer can be withdrawn and replaced with an offer commensurate  to his previous contractual terms given he chose to let the contract expire, to protect any compensation? 

I didn't know he's he's still injured , I wondered why no one had signed him …...do we know when he's expected to be fit ? 

10 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I didn't know he's he's still injured , I wondered why no one had signed him …...do we know when he's expected to be fit ? 

Sure I read recently it was quoted that he was still recovering from injury. As it stands his contract has expired I presume so up to him what he does,  so unlikely any news out of the club on his injury as no longer our player.

Tbh only just realised he'll be 22 in September. Hardly a kid. If he can't get a regular place in a Championship team - and he's miles behind the likes of Baz, Hutch and KL - then it makes you wonder just how far he's going to go. He needs to eat some humble pie, get his head down and work at his career otherwise it's going to pass him by. 

21 hours ago, tarn owl said:

I think he would start games next to Bannan in Midfield if stayed and applied himself as i think he is a talent. But because of the competition for places and our past of dealing with players coming through i think he might move on. But i think he should stay and build that partnership.

If he stays, gets his head down and shows the right attitude he would be in and around the first team I think. I don't think he would be starting alongside Bannan though as the team wouldn't be balanced at all then. We would be stupidly lightweight in midfield and it just wouldn't work. That's the thing about 'Pelopussy' he's limited ability wise, but the running and work rate he does largely goes unnoticed but is vital to the team. His partnership with Bannan at the end of the season was for me the key reason why we won so many games.

9 hours ago, striker said:

He hasn't signed the new contract offered to him, so he will be on weekly terms equivalent to his previous salary. As an u23 being loaned to Gillingham for experience, I wouldn't expect his pay to be very much. But let's say it's £2000 per week ( I think that's OTT but let's go with it.).

We will only get compensation if he leaves whilst contracts to us, i.e. a weekly contract. We won't get much as he's only been with Wednesday for two years, but let's say it's £100,000.

So a bit of simple maths suggests that we will be in profit if he signs for someone else within a year. He won't be doing his career any good by training on his own for 12 months. He's not on a McGugan type salary. 

My guess is that he's hoping to go to Gillingham (or something of a similar level) but the club don't want to pay what they think a tribunal will determine. Hence a bit of an impasse. And the Scottish links. Wednesday will have to do a deal outside the tribunal or he will have to eat humble pie or he effectively ends his football career.