Would you prefer

When considering these options, it is worth taking a few seconds to consider what really lies behind a World Cup victory and why it is so important. I goes far beyond our own club favourites.

Like the little lad that has been reported all over social media because of his chemotherapy and getting a personal reply from Harry Kane. That poor little soul might not even see the next World Cup but his heart is melting at the thought England can win in Russia. There will be many more kids like him in hospital beds right now held together by this dream. The armed services posted abroad are probably glued to TV sets wanting England to do it. There will be people who lost friends and family in events like the Manchester bombing or Grenfell Tower but are able to put that behind them and cheer on England.

A World Cup win would mean so much for so many and suffering a few Wednesday defeats to make it happen would be a sacrifice that I, personally, would be prepared to make.

• Like 1

England winning the World Cup would be the biggest achievement in football for any English person, born after 1966. 

Imagine in 20 years people looking back and saying, ok England didn’t win the World Cup butttt Wednesday won the first 4 games of that season and finished midtable. 

lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria

Easy.

World cup.

Without hesitation I would also choose winning the world cup over Wednesday getting promotion.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, CF83OWL said:

These idiotic posts need to be banned.

Well you could try self regulation/ control first.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

The first World Cup I remember is 1978 as a 6 yearold.

We are 40 years on, I may only be around for another 6 or 7 World Cups, maybe less possibly maybe a few more. Call it 10, that's me at 86. 10 opportunities as apposed to 40 opportunities.

I was 18 when we last got to the semi final, 28 years it has taken to get there again.

World Cup every time, the pinnacle in football achievement.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

World cup. Wednesday have unlimited opportunities. We will never have a better opportunity in our lifetime to win the world cup.

2 European teams that arent Germany or Italy, between us and immortality.

Unbelievable opportunity.