Winnall looking forward to a fresh start

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yet another awkward situation this one for all those fans who have slagged Winnall off thinking he'd never be coming back

AWKWARDZ

Yet slightly more awkward for Winnall who thought he was going to seal his move to Derby only to find out Rowett chases the cash too.

He strikes me as a Jos type of player. Hardworking and can make things happen through sheer graft. I'm undecided whether we give him another shot as none of us are totally sure what actually happened.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yet another awkward situation this one for all those fans who have slagged Winnall off thinking he'd never be coming back

AWKWARDZ

Personally think the fans have a right to slag him off. He's been dressing himself up as a Derby player since he went there on loan, which shows a lack of respect to Wednesday who pay his wages. If anyone is gonna feel awkward i would say it will be Winnall when he returns after his Derby love in and dream fell through.

4 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

I'm undecided whether we give him another shot as none of us are totally sure what actually happened.

Precisely why it's a bit awkward him coming back to fans who slated him despite not knowing anything about what actually really happened

It's like the whole David Hirst thing all over again

Owlstalk Shop

If we can get him fit before the end of the transfer window there is no reason we cannot get £2.5-3m for him, a striker who went fit scores goals at championship level. The only issue is he doesn't play well with others but clearly has a bit of a hard on for derby so maybe they may well make his loan deal into a permanent one as i was sure that was part of the deal when they took him.

27 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Another love letter to Derby with his parent club almost as an afterthought 

On the plus side, this means that today is Butterfield's last official day as a Wednesday player 

Will he be granted a testimonial? 

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Precisely why it's a bit awkward him coming back to fans who slated him despite not knowing anything about what actually really happened

Christ, he's not been effing at the academy staff as well has he?

They'll be well fed up.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, steveger said:

My German Shepherd could have managed he same finishes as the clown given that huge amount of backing and budget to play with, in fact she informed me that for a bone and some mackies doggy biscuits she would have won at Wembley against Hull

file-2136.jpg

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

SO.....

Is Sam Winnall returning an opportunity for us to get a top striker back at the club for free?

OR

Is it a huge dark cloud descending over the happiness of the squad?

can we have 50/50 please

(not the bread either)

Edited by steveger

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think sometimes it’s so apparent that something is true that you don’t need verbal confirmation 

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If we can get him fit before the end of the transfer window there is no reason we cannot get £2.5-3m for him, a striker who went fit scores goals at championship level. The only issue is he doesn't play well with others but clearly has a bit of a hard on for derby so maybe they may well make his loan deal into a permanent one as i was sure that was part of the deal when they took him.

Did he do his ACL in March? 

Seems unlikely he'd be close to fit until November at earliest? 

So wages on the books and in the injury room for a while I'd guess