Winnall looking forward to a fresh start

Sam will be another one for Jos to judge, seen as I’ve paid very little attention to his situation lately how far is he off coming back ?? 

Like him as a player, I think from that tweet it’s clear where he’d rather be but needs to back track a bit under the circumstances.

Hopefully he gets fit, takes his chance and if it isn’t for him here then we at least get a decent fee for him.

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Another love letter to Derby with his parent club almost as an afterthought 

On the plus side, this means that today is Butterfield's last official day as a Wednesday player 

He got shafted by Carlos with the FF handbags

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In the spirit of Sheffield Wednesday and a new season I'd like to welcome Sam back, hope Jos can turn all our players into the stars they were before Carlos got hold of them, and crack on

UTO

All our players were stars before Carlos got hold of them?

Someone post our league positions for the twenty years before Carlos did get hold of them please. The only times we ever got a sniff of top six was in the pub league.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Like him as a player, I think from that tweet it’s clear where he’d rather be but needs to back track a bit under the circumstances.

Hopefully he gets fit, takes his chance and if it isn’t for him here then we at least get a decent fee for him.

Definitely a "please come and rescue me" tweet. Still, I'd give him a chance under Jos.

• Haha 1

I’d like to see him given a final chance.

Whatever went off before was clearly disruptive, and it sounded - from rumour and hearsay only, I should underline - like Sam was very possibly most at fault. Not the sort of thing we want or need for the team, obviously. BUT...

...I think we the benefit of hindsight we can all clearly see it was a fairly disruptive, unhappy and unsettling time for a number of players at S6, despite things ostensibly going surprisingly well on the pitch for the most part. Nobody seemed very happy, rumblings of tensions and gripes all over the shop, and the actual football we were playing was dour as hell.

Jos appears to have made a significant difference on all those fronts already, having come in at a pretty awful time and seemingly weathered a mighty storm pretty darn well.

In the interests of fairness I’d quite like to see everyone who suffered a torrid time, or underperformed, or lacked motivation under CC’s leadership given a fair crack of the whip with Jos at the helm. That goes as much for Winnall as anybody, if he’s sincere about staying focused and contributing to a genuine team effort.

Besides, as a potentially ‘surplus’ squad member, a man whose behavioural card is no doubt marked for close attention AND one of our most saleable assets on paper, he certainly won’t get two chances to muck about like that again either way. All things considered I don’t see what we’ve got to lose by giving him another shot with the mucky CC slate wiped properly clean.

Prove us wrong, Sam, and I suspect you could actually be quite happy here. Good luck with the recovery.

Edited by Mr. Tom

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Another love letter to Derby with his parent club almost as an afterthought 

On the plus side, this means that today is Butterfield's last official day as a Wednesday player 

This. Agree 100%. Seems like he has no choice but to mention us. I don't like it at all and he clearly doesn't like or respect us. He's gonna have to go some next year to win me around anyway.

I will miss Butterfield though, don't think i have ever seen such a 'great' player leave such a legacy behind before WTF:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

All our players were stars before Carlos got hold of them?

Someone post our league positions for the twenty years before Carlos did get hold of them please. The only times we ever got a sniff of top six was in the pub league.  

My German Shepherd could have managed he same finishes as the clown given that huge amount of backing and budget to play with, in fact she informed me that for a bone and some mackies doggy biscuits she would have won at Wembley against Hull

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Sam will be another one for Jos to judge, seen as I’ve paid very little attention to his situation lately how far is he off coming back ?? 

ACL, which is usually between 6 and 9 months, so I suppose between August and November.