Winnall looking forward to a fresh start

31 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I believe that as Jos is a disciplinarian there is less likely there will be any carry over from whatever it was that went on. He'll give Sam a chance and won't allow him or others to be disruptive 

Jos established a good team spirit with the players he had available. It will be more demanding for him with three more of the club's strikers being on the scene jostling for his attention.  

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Yet another awkward situation this one for all those fans who have slagged Winnall off thinking he'd never be coming back

AWKWARDZ

We all knew he'd be coming back after his injury, he won't be fit for another few months at the earliest. Whether he's still here in January is another question though. 

I'd vote no. 

2 hours ago, Hitcat said:

40 goals next season.

And that's only by X-mas. :manager:

It's a pity we couldn't have got Hourihane too, but Brucie soon scuppered any hopes we had of re-establishing that partnership.

Veela were in the hunt for the play-offs at the time too.  

BRUCIE.PNG

2 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Deserves a fresh start under Jos. Let him prove himself.

Probably if we knew the real reason he was shipped out in the first place, folk might not be in such an hurry to welcome him back. Its so easy to lay the blame on CC's door step when he might not have had an option but to farm him out.  

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yet another awkward situation this one for all those fans who have slagged Winnall off thinking he'd never be coming back

AWKWARDZ

No not really. Why should any fan who as slagged him off and for good reason, be in an awkward situation. I think most fans were hoping he wasn't coming back. Mind there's nothing like opening another player debate is there.:goalie:

I have no idea what really happened with FF or who’ fault it was but I have no faith that Carlos handled the situation properly.

I liked Winnall as a player , he is a good striker.

Not sure how he fits in as we already have too many strikers 

What’s with all the hate ??  Jesus Christ I couldn’t careless if he tweeted a few times about derby county, he’s back at Hillsborough now and gets the same support the rest of the lads do 

nobody knows what went off with Carlos and FF,  and I don’t really care aslong as it’s water under the bridge 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

What’s with all the hate ??  Jesus Christ I couldn’t careless if he tweeted a few times about derby county, he’s back at Hillsborough now and gets the same support the rest of the lads do 

nobody knows what went off with Carlos and FF,  and I don’t really care aslong as it’s water under the bridge 

No hate, just not my idea of a footballer Lacks the basic ball skills needed at this level

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No hate, just not my idea of a footballer Lacks the basic ball skills needed at this level

Yeah I can’t say I disagree with you Guru, just seen a lot of hate directed towards him past few hours 

bit strange if you ask me 

3 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

I’d like to see him given a final chance.

Whatever went off before was clearly disruptive, and it sounded - from rumour and hearsay only, I should underline - like Sam was very possibly most at fault. Not the sort of thing we want or need for the team, obviously. BUT...

...I think we the benefit of hindsight we can all clearly see it was a fairly disruptive, unhappy and unsettling time for a number of players at S6, despite things ostensibly going surprisingly well on the pitch for the most part. Nobody seemed very happy, rumblings of tensions and gripes all over the shop, and the actual football we were playing was dour as hell.

Jos appears to have made a significant difference on all those fronts already, having come in at a pretty awful time and seemingly weathered a mighty storm pretty darn well.

In the interests of fairness I’d quite like to see everyone who suffered a torrid time, or underperformed, or lacked motivation under CC’s leadership given a fair crack of the whip with Jos at the helm. That goes as much for Winnall as anybody, if he’s sincere about staying focused and contributing to a genuine team effort.

Besides, as a potentially ‘surplus’ squad member, a man whose behavioural card is no doubt marked for close attention AND one of our most saleable assets on paper, he certainly won’t get two chances to muck about like that again either way. All things considered I don’t see what we’ve got to lose by giving him another shot with the mucky CC slate wiped properly clean.

Prove us wrong, Sam, and I suspect you could actually be quite happy here. Good luck with the recovery.

well said

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1