BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

26 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Exactly, for someone that is meant to be a wednesday fan I find it strange he’s chosen to play for a belgium 2nd division team 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he never even sets foot in Belgium. I reckon David, George and Pearson will be trousering a nice little earner from whichever club is ultimately behind this whole debacle

19 minutes ago, Auckland Owl said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he never even sets foot in Belgium. I reckon David, George and Pearson will be trousering a nice little earner from whichever club is ultimately behind this whole debacle

90% of me sits behind the Leicester connection on this one.

10% of me wonders whether this could be a new agent driven thing by the likes of Doyen whereby they tap up marketable young players and encourage them not to enter into contract renewal, and find obscure foreign clubs that the said player can be transferred to at the end of the contract so as to avoid compensation, transfer fees etc. 

Then arrange to sell onto another club later sharing the eventual transfer fee between the foreign club that takes the player, the player himself and, of course, the biggest cut for the agent (whilst the club that developed the player over many years can just sit back and watch it happening losing a considerable amount of money in the process).

Edited by ChinaOwl

Underlines how pointless it is funding an academy at our level.

the good players we develop will leave for bigger and better things, possibly via ‘feeder clubs’ like this situation. The bad ones we will release, and so we are funding the whole thing for the occasional half decent product like Palmer.

its a waste of time and money. 

6 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

the good players we develop will leave for bigger and better things, possibly via ‘feeder clubs’ like this situation. The bad ones we will release, and so we are funding the whole thing for the occasional half decent product like Palmer.

Absolutely spot on.  Unless there's some clever financial jiggery-pokery we can use to subvert P+S rules.  Having an academy has now become totally pointlesss.

12 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Crazy isn’t it.

We lose high quality young English talent to Europe and at the same time a boat load of foreigners come and ply their trade in England stopping young English talent getting a game!

You couldn’t make it up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Max Clark the Hull left back who is out of contract his agents were said be keen for him to go abroad. Hirst is under same agent and so may have advised him same. It could be they can make more money out of them by doing this. Actually think more to do with them overrating players value and pricing them out of market. Believe Clare under same Agency which does indicate a certain policy. I do not see it as good management.

The loser in the process seems to be the player in terms of the standard they can play at.

This deal has been lined up months ago .David Hirst cant stand our owner and he is friends with Pearson so arranging this deal so our owner dont get a penny is a result for him.bet there having a rite laugh together and in 12 months be a Leicester player for nothing. 

23 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

That's why Huddersfield closed the academy last season 

What a sad state of affairs, and part of my agrees that as it stands the academy process is now defunct. Something needs to be done, but while ever it benefits the prem nothing will. Time the efl broke away and started looking after our interests.

• Like 1