BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

5 minutes ago, wiseoldowl said:

Only reason he left i think is carlos bought a lot of strikers so gh didnt get a look in he last season should have been on the bench so then he might have signed but its done now so who cares im more interested in the players we have got 

Don't think that helped. 

Irony is wi the injuries he'd have probably got a chance.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 hour ago, Animis said:

i suspect he would have thought fec the compensation, he's done with me. Maybe not the best business approach

A good historical summing up of the Chansiri era.

1 hour ago, Animis said:

but it certainly send the message to others.

Like Leicester City, Nigel Pearson, Sean Clare?

41 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Absolutely spot on.  Unless there's some clever financial jiggery-pokery we can use to subvert P+S rules.  Having an academy has now become totally pointlesss.

There's one close to our ground that is successful.

Thing is. If Milan was still here this decent crop of youth players would all be in the first team now.  

Because we've got money we've been able to buy some players. 

Dint see many folks complaining when we were buying the likes of Forestieri etc etc .

In fact imagine if the absolutley loaded chairman had turned up and said he weren't going to spend owt and wanted kids int team to make numbers up. He'd have got some reight hammer.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

5 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Not for nowt though. What's Brooks worth now?

Whatever anyone is willing to pay for him.

Unless he doesn't sign his contract.

Then he can go for nowt.

4 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Surely no chairman would be silly enough to let that happen.

Let what happen?

Let a player be influenced by his parents and his advisors?  

Wouldn't have thought there's a lot he could do about it Geoffrey. 

Do you think McSue and the poundland  Prince should lock him in a room to stop him being advised? 

4 hours ago, cowl said:

You think Chansiri knew for a fact all the way back in the middle of August last year that Hirst was going to leave for OH Leuven when his contract expired 10 months later?

Hard to imagine even for a moment that 'living the dream' in the Belgian 2nd division was how Hirst saw this playing out all the way back then. In fact, I suspect that if he were thinking to leave Wednesday that it would only have been to a Prem team. I guess that sitting on the sidelines for a season has resulted in the Prem teams being less willing to take a punt on him.

That their plan was to move to a foreign club at the end of his contract would've been plan C at best by my estimation - some way behind moving to a Prem club, or staying at Wednesday, the latter of which very quickly became a non-option as soon as DC decided the best way to 'encourage' an 18 year old to sign a new contract was to stop him from playing for the U23s and refuse to support a loan until he did sign.

Yep.