Sam Winnall at #SWFC

He'll get fit, come into our side and partner Rhodes in the second half of the season. They'll be the most dangerous partnership in the Championship and fire us to promotion.

Nurse! My pills appear to be running low.

On 22/06/2018 at 08:34, Sticky belly said:

Exactly, if you believe the reports then he's a big time Charlie and a disruptive influence that has shown a lack of respect towards us on social media by making out he was a Derby player last season etc.

Get him fit and get him sold.

Has he returned to the club? Another crap situation. Another broken asset who does not want to be here.

If we can find a buyer, he'll be gone. Absolutely no doubt about that. 

With his record in this division and his age, he'll fetch £4m, give or take. Goalscorers cost money, and at £4m he could be a bargain for somebody. 

But, he's not going to cut it here. Even if we get rid of Rhodes, he's still realistically 5th or 6th choice striker (depending on whether you class Forestieri as a striker). 

But, I'm not sure there will be a queue forming for his signature. Perhaps another loan deal to January, with an option to make permanent if he proves his fitness, may be the more likely deal. 

I actually think he'd be a superb signing for United. No doubt an upgrade on Clarke and Sharp, and he's the type of player they need to be attracting if they are to continue to compete. 

It's pretty obvious that if there's an actual or potential problem with Winnall's relationship to the rest of the squad, Jos will have been briefed on it by other players. He'll have spoken to Loovens, at the very least.

And if that's the case, Jos will either see that briefing as enough of a red flag in itself...or he'll explain to the other players that, as our new manager who hasn't seen these problems first-hand, he'll be extremely alert to it, but that everyone deserves one good chance under his leadership and that's precisely what Winnall will get if/when he returns to full fitness. If he proves disruptive, directly or indirectly, he'll be out.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Either way, he isn’t gonna feature for us With the departure of young Hirst, and the likely departure of Rhodes, it looks as if we’ll need to bring in one more attacking player My preference would be for someone with a bit of pace, as we only really have Joao who has the pace to stretch defences

Guest Jack the Hat
On 22/06/2018 at 13:13, George said:

He'll get fit, come into our side and partner Rhodes in the second half of the season. They'll be the most dangerous partnership in the Championship and fire us to promotion.

Nurse! My pills appear to be running low.

With the on loan George Hirst playing the no 10 role?

Winnall was a great buy and showed us to be on the good end of the predatory transfer market for the first time in years, we were always usually the ones in Barnsley's position. 

The fact is if our real ambitions are to be challenging the top 4 and top 2 then Winnall will only be featuring from the bench at the most. 

As passionate as it was, running back to provoke the Tykes fans after he'd scored for us, summed him up.

However, I'd give him another chance under Jos. CC clearly didn't fancy him, so I'm not surprised he enjoyed his run at Derby.

If he comes back scoring goals, all is forgiven.

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

As passionate as it was, running back to provoke the Tykes fans after he'd scored for us, summed him up.

However, I'd give him another chance under Jos. CC clearly didn't fancy him, so I'm not surprised he enjoyed his run at Derby.

If he comes back scoring goals, all is forgiven.

Depends on how well he integrates back into the squad, for me. We don't know what kicked off between him and FF, or whether all is truly forgiven or not. If he's just gonna divide the group, I'd rather get rid.