Sam Winnall at #SWFC

Just wondering what the general consensus is on Winnall. 

Personal view, Lampard in the first year of management is going to be pulling in some big names that really shouldn’t be going to Derby... are they really going to be interested in Winnall?

if that’s the case is he going to be welcomed back? He seemed to fly the Derby flag since he’s been there

10 minutes ago, Owl Rly said:

Weren’t people wondering that maybe he might be on Stoke’s radar. I think they are in for some big names, but Rowett May think about him for a fourth or fifth choice striker

Any relation to Larry ? 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Really didn’t think they’d be six replies without mentioning the fact he’s injured. 

Just what I was thinking,the fact he wont kick a ball while around November? ish means hes going to be here,and will need to prove his fitness thereafter so cant see SW moving anywhere this season @ least 

1 minute ago, legendaryswan said:

Just what I was thinking,the fact he wont kick a ball while around November? ish means hes going to be here,and will need to prove his fitness thereafter so cant see SW moving anywhere this season @ least 

Yeah I reckon the best we can hope for is loaning him out in January where he then scores plenty and we sell this time next year.

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I think Winnall's gob has put himself in a difficult position. 

Exactly, if you believe the reports then he's a big time Charlie and a disruptive influence that has shown a lack of respect towards us on social media by making out he was a Derby player last season etc.

Get him fit and get him sold.

Get rid. 

No denying he's got some ability (decent age too), but I think he's largely burnt his bridges with the club and, if you believe the rumour/innuendo, several prominent members of the first team squad. 

Guest wilyfox

He can't still be rehabbing at Derby, surely, not now his loan has expired with no deal in place? He's in a pickle. 

17 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He can't still be rehabbing at Derby, surely, not now his loan has expired with no deal in place? He's in a pickle. 

Just be rehabbing with us. Hadn't have got injured think a Derby move would have been on the cards. He made enough noise about it.

If we are forced to sell Forestieri through FFP then that may lead to Winnall getting back into the team when he is recovered. 

If not then add him to the pile labelled Abdi.

When he is fit he should be given a fair chance if he wants to take it. Even if he wants to go elsewhere he should want to put himself in the shop window.

It remains to be seen what Jos thinks of him.