Sam Winnall at #SWFC

On 22/06/2018 at 13:13, George said:

He'll get fit, come into our side and partner Rhodes in the second half of the season. They'll be the most dangerous partnership in the Championship and fire us to promotion.

Nurse! My pills appear to be running low.

Jesus. Next you'll be saying that 3 months before the end of the season Nuhiu will turn into Raul and bang the goals in with majority fan base screaming for a contract renewal....

17 hours ago, frastheowl said:

If we can find a buyer, he'll be gone. Absolutely no doubt about that. 

With his record in this division and his age, he'll fetch £4m, give or take. Goalscorers cost money, and at £4m he could be a bargain for somebody. 

But, he's not going to cut it here. Even if we get rid of Rhodes, he's still realistically 5th or 6th choice striker (depending on whether you class Forestieri as a striker). 

But, I'm not sure there will be a queue forming for his signature. Perhaps another loan deal to January, with an option to make permanent if he proves his fitness, may be the more likely deal. 

I actually think he'd be a superb signing for United. No doubt an upgrade on Clarke and Sharp, and he's the type of player they need to be attracting if they are to continue to compete. 

So you think a 4th or 5th choice striker currently on Wednesdays books would fetch at least 4million. The worlds gone mad. We paid pennies for him, did jack sh8t here, not a great deal at Derby then a serious injury. If he wasnt already connected with Wednesday , had the same circumstances, I think most folk would be up in arms if Wednesday were trying to sign him even for half that amount. 

On 22/06/2018 at 00:41, Blue_&_white_wizards said:

Just wondering what the general consensus is on Winnall. 

Personal view, Lampard in the first year of management is going to be pulling in some big names that really shouldn’t be going to Derby... are they really going to be interested in Winnall?

if that’s the case is he going to be welcomed back? He seemed to fly the Derby flag since he’s been there

The same as it's always been. He unsettles the training camp 

On 22/06/2018 at 00:41, Blue_&_white_wizards said:

Just wondering what the general consensus is on Winnall. 

Personal view, Lampard in the first year of management is going to be pulling in some big names that really shouldn’t be going to Derby... are they really going to be interested in Winnall?

if that’s the case is he going to be welcomed back? He seemed to fly the Derby flag since he’s been there

As far as I'm concerned we should welcome him back with open arms. A proven goalscorer at this level who wasn't given a fair go by Carlos the Fraud.

He should be given a clean slate and allowed to play for his place. What he's done or hasn't done in relation to Derby still isn't as bad as refusing to play for the club.

As for the rumour that he's poison in the dressing room, I'd let Jos have the final say on that. I've got a feeling that he won't stand for any messing about and will manage any issues. It's not like they have to wash each others backs and balls after the games, they just have to win football matches.

• Like 1

On ability alone, I'd much rather have him at the club than either Fletcher or Rhodes. It's the rumours about his attitude etc that are a concern. Having said that, I don't believe he really got a decent run in the team and maybe that's what his frustration was.

2 hours ago, CLswfc said:

So you think a 4th or 5th choice striker currently on Wednesdays books would fetch at least 4million. The worlds gone mad. We paid pennies for him, did jack sh8t here, not a great deal at Derby then a serious injury. If he wasnt already connected with Wednesday , had the same circumstances, I think most folk would be up in arms if Wednesday were trying to sign him even for half that amount. 

A World where Winnall is worth £4m is mad. But that's the football world at the minute.

He's a goalscorer, who scores goals at this level. They are a premium. Every club wants somebody who scores goals. And, although you perceive he's done "jack sh8t" recently, he's still managed to score just over 1 in 3 games. That's around 15 goals a season. Not to be sniffed at. 

In a league where Gary Madine is worth £6m...Winnall is certainly worth £4m. And I'd expect Wednesday to be asking for nothing less. 

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

As far as I'm concerned we should welcome him back with open arms. A proven goalscorer at this level who wasn't given a fair go by Carlos the Fraud.

He should be given a clean slate and allowed to play for his place. What he's done or hasn't done in relation to Derby still isn't as bad as refusing to play for the club.

As for the rumour that he's poison in the dressing room, I'd let Jos have the final say on that. I've got a feeling that he won't stand for any messing about and will manage any issues. It's not like they have to wash each others backs and balls after the games, they just have to win football matches.

No but my mate told me that they all shower together after womens football, all wet and soapy with a few double end.............. and I'm back in the room sorry about that old chap, bit of a daydream there lol I reckon the lad deserves a second chance like you say, he's shown he can score goals at this level, get him back fit and hopefully get him firing, if not then we wave him goodbye 

• Haha 2

On 24/06/2018 at 07:22, poite said:

Jesus. Next you'll be saying that 3 months before the end of the season Nuhiu will turn into Raul and bang the goals in with majority fan base screaming for a contract renewal....

Don't be ridiculous.

My guess will be a loan to a league 1 club when fit. I will guess Donny? If he goes and hits goal after goal then we can recall him and throw him back in the team. But i don't think he will ever get back in our 1st team honestly.

3 hours ago, tarn owl said:

My guess will be a loan to a league 1 club when fit. I will guess Donny? If he goes and hits goal after goal then we can recall him and throw him back in the team. But i don't think he will ever get back in our 1st team honestly.

Donny can't afford him !!

still worth a chance for me ,no ones gonna buy him after a long injury layoff..get him on bench and he's a option if we need a goal 

he's not half as bad as people are saying.

as for his attitude,who cares .winning football matches is all that matters

People making a huge fuss about this, what ever happened last season happened , I don’t think Jos will care 

he’s a Sheffield Wednesday player and his rehab should be our concern

regarding winnall `s value in todays crazy market he would have to be pushing 10 million , he is the 3rd or 4th highest scorer in the last 3 seasons at league 1 /championship well he was until he was injured . his wages are less than half of fletcher and hooper id sooner those 2 crocks leave and keep winnall ,as there is just no way we will get 20 games out of those 2 this season never mind about 46 .