Safe Standing at Hillsborough

Could be happening within a few years by the looks of it as there's growing pressure and momentum to introduce safe standing back in England including our gaff

Would you be someone who would welcome it?

Are you someone who would definitely use a safe standing area/stand?

Owlstalk Shop

I doubt I'd use it often, as I attend most matches with my dad who's in his mid-sixties and prefers the relative tranquility of the South Stand, but I find it completely illogical that safe standing hasn't already been introduced in this country.

Instead, the authorities prefer to turn a blind eye to 'unsafe' standing happening up and down the country on a weekly basis.

If there's a way to allow those who want to stand to do so safely, then it should be allowed.

I go to home games and not away games, i like to sit down for the match to be honest. But clearly lots of fans and a lot of away fans like to stand up, for these fans the safe standing option makes a lot of sense. You could dedicate a certain section of the ground to it. The far side of the north where they stand any way, half the upper tier of leppings lane end and maybe the sides of the kop. if that will make these fans happy then it could happen. I saw a film of the standing they have at Celtic and it seems like it is safe and would work.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Could be happening within a few years by the looks of it as there's growing pressure and momentum to introduce safe standing back in England including our gaff

Would you be someone who would welcome it?

Are you someone who would definitely use a safe standing area/stand?

Has the guy in the paper met anyone from SAG that mythical being that no one knows but who has been stopping Hillsborough capacity of nearly 39,500 get anywhere near 33,000 for the last 3 years.

We have more chance of promotion and a new stadium that South Yorkshire Police and SAG allowing standing at Hillsborough. Not to mention with the issues of FFP unless we can pack more in, the prices should come down as standing should be cheaper than sitting.

4 minutes ago, adamnich said:

what is it people are struggling so much with regards to seating, I really dont understand.

A lot of us older fans who spent decades standing prefer it .