Safe Standing at Hillsborough

Just watched the parliamentary debate on Parliament live TV (not live now obviously). Very interestingly all in favour from 33 speakers. The ayes have it, the ayes have it, order, order. McDonagh close to tears in her closing summary, but promising a data collection to be completed by the end of the year, with a review of current legislation by 2019/20 season. Mind you, had to flip through it, it's 2 1/2 hours long, so probably missed summat. 

On 20/06/2018 at 09:33, S36 OWL said:

A lot of us older fans who spent decades standing prefer sitting down now due to knackered knees etc! . 

Fixed it for you, no need to thank me!

• Haha 1

What is the issue with safe standing?

Seems the safest way to watch a game from what I've seen.

Wasn't standing unsafe due to over crowding, unsafe barriers and a big cage to stop evacuation.

I don't really understand any opposition to it.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2018 at 17:43, VBQ24 said:

I think there is a danger with safe standing that it becomes the "singing section" and everywhere else becomes a bit dead. (What I've been told by a few Celtic fans)

I still support it though, surely the NW corner would be the obvious choice. Currently bringing in no revenue so prices could be cheaper, about the right size and ng obstructing anyone's view.

No roof and right next to the away fans,  sounds like a plan to me 

7 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Just watched the parliamentary debate on Parliament live TV (not live now obviously). Very interestingly all in favour from 33 speakers. The ayes have it, the ayes have it, order, order. McDonagh close to tears in her closing summary, but promising a data collection to be completed by the end of the year, with a review of current legislation by 2019/20 season. Mind you, had to flip through it, it's 2 1/2 hours long, so probably missed summat. 

Don't know why I've put McDonagh, should be Crouch. 

• Haha 1