SKY pundits predicted league table.........

Cardiff, Huddersfield and Burnley have shown that if you get your own house in order in terms of formation, style and tactics then you can achieve things in this league despite being up against parachute payments, big clubs and international players.  If you win the majority of your home games then you only need a few wins away to get in the playoffs 

For that reason I hope Jos keeps the 343 attacking style of recent games at S6 and we try and outscore the opposition that visit. If we do that, I’d predict a 6th place finish right now. But we do need to strengthen in some areas 

Wow, let's hope these pundits are right. 4th 'd be brill.

And getting much more difficult for relegated lot to bounce back immediately, even with parachutes.

Fulham did it after some time, mainly thanks to Sessy and not many of them around.   

Edited by fred mciver

14 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Cardiff, Huddersfield and Burnley have shown that if you get your own house in order in terms of formation, style and tactics then you can achieve things in this league despite being up against parachute payments, big clubs and international players.  If you win the majority of your home games then you only need a few wins away to get in the playoffs 

For that reason I hope Jos keeps the 343 attacking style of recent games at S6 and we try and outscore the opposition that visit. If we do that, I’d predict a 6th place finish right now. But we do need to strengthen in some areas 

Away wins? Burnley got 11 away wins in each of their promotion seasons in 2013/14 & 2015/16. 93 points in both seasons.

14 hours ago, clud17 said:

Id be happier with 2nd but after last season i'll take that.

Last season proves predictions dont matter a jot... In fact every year something proves that. Hudders to go up, us to be so poo . There is one thing at least every year. 

What favours us this season is that there are gaps to fill in the top 6.

There isn't an obvious Champion calibre team like Wolves. There isn't a media appointed "best team in the league" like Fulham. Villa and Derby are both expected to suffer after failing this year and are already making noises to that effect. 

I also don't think anybody coming up this year will be as disruptive as United or Millwall were, nor do I fancy Stoke or Swansea. West Brom will probably do OK and I'd back them for a top 6 slot but apart from that.. 

It's going to be a scramble (as it always is) but there's opportunities this year that we are as well placed as anyone to fill. 

33 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

I'd take 1st:laugh: swap Wednesday for boro cause Pulis is a c....

Not an easy ride the Championship as you already know, from being here previously, and the standard has moved up a notch again since then.

So I’m predicting that former Premier League stars at West Brom might struggle a bit with adjusting to the demands of the Championship. Play offs at best for your boys I feel Baggiehy.

Just don’t do a Sunderland that’s all. 

• Like 2

On 29/05/2018 at 08:30, Bloxwich Owl said:

Technology appears to be beyond me..........

1. West Brom

2. Middlesbrough

3. Derby

4. Sheffield Wednesday 

5. Aston Villa 

6. Hull City

7. Nottingham Forest

8. Stoke City 

9. Brentford 

10. Wigan

11. Swansea 

12. Preston

13. Bristol City 

14. Norwich 

15. Sheffield United

16. Reading

17. Birmingham 

18. Leeds

19. Ipswich 

20. Millwall

21. QPR

22. Blackburn 

23. Bolton

24. Rotherham 

you take about 4 sides outa that division and it looks very even.

Way to early to predict. But at least they got Rotherham correct. Other than that it seems to me that it might be wide open but it's way too early, one way or another to say just yet.

I just think we need to get everyone fit, freshen things up with 3 or 4 quality loan signings or freebies, and go into next season with no fear and without any pressure or high expectations. Taking some momentum and positivity into next season, and hopefully taking a leaf out of the book of some of the teams like Huddersfield; Cardiff, Brighton, Bournemouth, Watford and others who have gone from mid table/lower half to promotion.

That said, there are numerous others capable of doing just that and probably the most predictable thing is that it will be wide open, competitive and unpredictable.

23 hours ago, Vernster said:

Didn’t Sunderland have in excess of 50 million in parachute payments ? Didn’t help them much  

no it didn't but somehow they were in a serious amount of debt so couldn't compete at all regarding new signings .the championship is now crazy with rich owners ,loads of ex premier league clubs ,regarding signings we are now mid table at best ,that's the way its going to be for a minimum of 2 years maybe 3 .,its called Carlos's legacy 

Can't see West Brom doing much. Got no cash and will lose their 'best players. Mid table.

Swansea is one which could go either way. They'll either go back up or go down to league one. No inbetween for them.

Stoke have a chance of bouncing back, but can't see them getting near top 2. Top 6 for them.