Dejphon Chansiri club statement

Guest OWO

Guest OWO

Dejphon Chansiri club statement

I would like to begin by saying a big thank you to all our fans for another year of amazing support and dedication.

The season did not go the way that we planned, reasons for which have been well documented, but we must now look forward in a positive way in the short and long term.

On that note, it has given me a lot of pride to see some of our young players step up from the Under-23s and into the first team. They have done themselves proud, helping the team through a period of uncertainty when many of their senior colleagues were unable to play.

The backing they have been given by the fans played an important part as well, this helped no end with their confidence, which as we all know is a key component in football. Jos has welcomed the younger players into the first team squad and I am sure you will agree that they have never looked out of place so credit must go to everyone concerned with their development.

Most of the young players have committed their futures to Sheffield Wednesday, others have been offered contracts, and I believe this illustrates that there are no barriers in the way of any player at our club if he has the ability and correct attitude to succeed.

The youngsters can look to the likes of Glenn Loovens and Ross Wallace as role models for their own careers. We will shortly say our goodbyes to Glenn and Ross, who have been consummate professionals in their time at Sheffield Wednesday and I thank them for their commitment to our club.

gl_dc_rw.jpg

We now look forward to a summer of preparation to ensure we try to challenge at the top part of the table next season. After two years of finishing in the play-offs the expectation levels go up, this is normal. But there are no guarantees in football so we must put this season behind us, dust ourselves down, and as I say, move forward in a positive way.

As always, the one thing I can promise is that we will do our very best at every level of the club. We have made positive moves behind the scenes to ensure we continually improve the foundations of our club.

Finally, I will conclude this statement where I began. The love you all have for Sheffield Wednesday is the bedrock of our club. To have the ability to call on your level of support makes us the envy of many of our peers and only drives my passion to bring sustained success to Hillsborough. I say thank you to you all and also to our dedicated staff who work so hard day in and day out.

Enjoy your summer and we look forward to seeing you again next season.

A decent read.

It doesn't quite reach the depths of what we want to be said, but it's not a bad read.

You can't ask for more in reality so, well done DC and lets hope you continue to improve as an owner, as much as you wish SWFC to improve on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Owly Mowly said:

Great statement. 

Feel that we may have learnt a lot from this tough season - from adversity we will be stronger 

I think you're right

We'll be formidable again next season i believe

• Like 3

Must admit I allowed myself a smirk at  couple of not so well hid digs in there. :laugh:  But why not. 

Other bit that stood out in the general piece was ...

We have made positive moves behind the scenes to ensure we continually improve the foundations of our club.

Which I'm hoping will mean Jos is given a bit of freedom and the 'advisors' have been given the boot.

Great statement and he's played it very cool comsidering that the s h1t we've had to deal with this season has put is in a much stronger position scross the club and will ensure that we will absolutely smash this fu ck1ng division next season.

Can't wait.

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Like 2

He desrves credit for bringing Jos to club. Very few would have selected him but he has done well so far and has pulled club together. Therefore well done DC.

Onwards and upwards.

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Must admit I allowed myself a smirk at  couple of not so well hid digs in there. :laugh:  But why not. 

Other bit that stood out in the general piece was ...

Which I'm hoping will mean Jos is given a bit of freedom and the 'advisors' have been given the boot.

Or could mean U18 - U23's.

The quote should be in there.

Edited by daleblue

I do like the way as an owner he is very "behind the scenes"

He could have led the players and staff out after the game today.    

I am quietly confident he has the interests of the club at heart, and lets be honest - as a foreign investor we all have niggling doubts right?

One good thing that has come out of this season is fans seem to be more comfortable and accept that we will look to blood more of our youth players rather than throw millions at players who may or may not even be better than what we have.

The “I want an umpa lumpa now” mentality seems to have disolved and we need to be more creative adapting the squad to stay within the FFP limits.

the injuries could have been a blessing in disguise. Who knows Carlos may have got us top 10 with only a few players missing but would we have seen the likes of Wildsmith, Dawson, Thorniley, Baker, Clare Stobbs get valuable experience.

also we have seen a new life given to Venancio, Joao &  Nuhiu under JL.

it will be interesting to see how the pre season goes this time around.