Dejphon Chansiri club statement

Guest OWO

12 hours ago, Buzz said:

Why should we all have niggling doubts just because he is a foreign investor??? DC seems to be an honourable man to me! No doubts at all to be honest!!! Explain? 

We all know why we support Sheffield Wednesday.

If Wednesday hadn't been available for purchase, Mr Chansiri would be in charge of a different club in England right now.

12 hours ago, Buzz said:

Why should we all have niggling doubts just because he is a foreign investor??? DC seems to be an honourable man to me! No doubts at all to be honest!!! Explain? 

I agree. There are just as many unscrupulous English/British owners as there are foreign.

42 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

If Wednesday hadn't been available for purchase, Mr Chansiri would be in charge of a different club in England right now.

There were.

1 hour ago, HubristicClapper said:

How do you know this?  Has he told you this?

Could he have not discovered the club and wanted to be part of it?

It's been a crap season, but who knows, perhaps long-term, it will do the club a great deal of good. 

Learn from the mistakes of the last few years (which I think came to the fore this season) and hopefully, we will move on with a more coherent, long-term strategy. 

Nice that we've ended the season on a bit of a positive and you feel there's something to build on next season. 

It's going to be tough, but I still think we can compete at the top end of this division. 

Can anyone tell me if Mr C took his son/children on the pitch after yesterdays game ? Saw plenty of players kids on there with their dads. If the young Chansiri's did not appear, should we read anything into this ? Not seen them amongst the mascots or at games of late either.

Mr C's statement, also refers in the last paragraph to our fans and not "we fans"...has something happened to the Sheffield Wednesday Family he has referred to in the past ? It could just be that he has been through a very testing season or I am being too sensitive , probably the latter.

Anyway, good riddance to this season, bring on next.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Can anyone tell me if Mr C took his son/children on the pitch after yesterdays game ? Saw plenty of players kids on there with their dads. If the young Chansiri's did not appear, should we read anything into this ? Not seen them amongst the mascots or at games of late either.

Mr C's statement, also refers in the last paragraph to our fans and not "we fans"...has something happened to the Sheffield Wednesday Family he has referred to in the past ? It could just be that he has been through a very testing season or I am being too sensitive , probably the latter.

A million and one reasons why his kids might not have been there, no need to fear the worse without any evidence. 

17 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

One of his children was a mascot for the reading game 

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The best thing for everyone is to forget about this season's performances and crack on with Jos at the helm

Mr Chansiri will see us promoted one way or another but needs to take a more laid back role at the club and let Katrien do her thing

Jos needs freedom to hire/fire and buy/sell this summer

We need a proper pre-season more than anything though. A full on fitness regime and a tough no nonsense preseason to get us flying from the first game.

It'd be great to end the first month of next season in the top 6

Nowadays, it's impossible for Jos to do all this and we really need a DOF to help him and long -term planning.

Because of FFP, we will have to do a Cardiff and , again, Terry Burton etc  would assist here.

If it's just one big buy, let's get Bristol's stopper (who we rejected once when in non - league).

DC says problems well documented. Well I missed that unless he means injuries (even at Preston away?).

Edited by fred mciver

A Crap Season ? Every season has many hurdles and very few prizes. Negotiate all the hurdles and you may get a prize but it still remains a lottery. This season we have had to negotiate some very serious hurdles yet have come up well short of a prize. Despite our 15th finishing place there are not many punters and pundits that would not squeeze us into their top 8 or 10 for next season. We are preparing to Go, But we all must realise the prize is not a given. For what it's worth I rate us at about 5/2 which translated means I am not filled with confidence, but hey 5/2 is a reasonable shot ! 

As the summariser on channel 5 highlights show said last night, Wednesday may be a team to keep an eye on next season in terms of promotion. The team that has finished this season would have been in the top two, in my opinion. Or at worst where Fulham are. 

19 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

Great statement. 

Feel that we may have learnt a lot from this tough season - from adversity we will be stronger 

A new club motto?  A viribus venerit adversitas!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

His son loves the club just look at his YouTube channel.

3 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

You're being way too sensitive and seeing things that aren't there. 

5 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

I wonder how many clubs with all of our injuries would have faired? 

Relegation. 

It hasn't always been pretty, but credit to those fringe and youth players who stepped in whilst the first team was out.