Nuhiu undisputed top scorer

The big man has always been the best foil.

• Joao played best with him.
  • Fernando played best with him 
  • Hooper played best with him. 

Blatently obvious well before Hull and the shoehorn to anyone with eyes not painted on. 

• Like 1

Atdhe seems to have lost a stone or two.  Makes a difference to a strikers speed.

Leon Clarke only came to life when he slimmed down and was loaned out to Scunny.  

Anyway well done Atdhe. Just a bit worried that his agent will now overprice him.  

1 hour ago, darra said:

sounded like it expected him to get subbed at half time

I thought he would be subbed at half time to give Rhodes a run, given the yellow and that subsequent talking to.  Glad Jos kept the faith.  He would have had 4 but for a worldy of a save by their keeper.

Anyone who says "we need better" or that they hope he doesn't take the offered a deal lacks an appreciation of the game and the fact that we will need a squad of players of differing attributes if we are to challenge for promotion.   Yes he has no pace and he can be prone to missing the odd sitter (who in our strike force doesn't) but Adthe offers something no one else in our squad does, he is a right handful to play against (even when he isn't scoring freely) and gives his all for the shirt. Why would you want to lose that. 

Well done Adthe - if that was the last we see of you in a Wednesday shirt (and personally I hope it isn't) you went out in style

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

I thought he would be subbed at half time to give Rhodes a run, given the yellow and that subsequent talking to.  Glad Jos kept the faith.  He would have had 4 but for a worldy of a save by their keeper.

Anyone who says "we need better" or that they hope he doesn't take the offered a d^ and he can be prone to missing the odd sitter (who in our strike force doesn't) but Adthe offers something no one else in our squad does, he is a right handful to play against (even when he isn't scoring freely) and gives his all for the shirt. Why would you want to lose that. 

Well done Adthe - if that was the last we see of you in a Wednesday shirt (and personally I hope it isn't) you went out in style

Agree totally, seems humble pie is hard to swallow for those repeatedly saying:-

'Not good enough'

Or 'strikers job is to score goals'

Or 'Seen glaciers move quicker' etc etc .

Please give the man credit for doing what you always wanted him to do, Well done big man.

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Err...either on the bench or not in the squad.

Cant score from there

Exactly so he can’t be POTY can he?? I’m not knocking him...I’m simply saying to all the blind n short sighted fans who are calling for him to have been voted POTY, it’s a stupid opinion.

How can he be when he hasn’t played enough?? 

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Exactly so he can’t be POTY can he?? I’m not knocking him...I’m simply saying to all the blind n short sighted fans who are calling for him to have been voted POTY, it’s a stupid opinion.

How can he be when he hasn’t played enough?? 

Surely it should go to whoever has made the most meaningful contribution this season

In which case you can understand the votes

I voted for him as POTY. 

That was based on him making (imo) the telling contributions when we were up against it a month or so back. 

In saying that, I can completely understand why Adam Reach was voted POTY. 

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

I voted for him as POTY. 

That was based on him making (imo) the telling contributions when we were up against it a month or so back. 

At a time when they were desperately needed as we clawed for points. 

Huge impact.  

I went for Reach. Overall he edged the other out for me.  Played all over the park and been a consistent performer even if he started (unsurprisingly) running a bit low in the tank.

16 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Cos he’s only done it for 12 games...where was he for the 30 odd??

ha ha ha pathetic. Really cannot understand how some "fans" criticise the big man at every opportunity.

Obviously not prolific but his work rate is exceptional and is coming into his own now.

Bearing in mind some of the shockers in recent memory (Bothroyd, May, Rodri etc) I am more than happy he has a new deal.

I hope he carries on next season and is heavily involved. #daretonuhiu

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SiJ said:

I voted for him as POTY. 

I also voted for him as potty, and there's others out there just as daft. 

12 minutes ago, leedsbornowl said:

All you nuhiu haters shame on you

All haters can do one for me. As fans it is surely our job to give players confidence not slag em off at every opportunity. WAWAW? Nuhui has had dogs abuse from some - his resilience has been amazing - if he stays - great - but I wouldn’t blame him for moving on. 

Having even heard players like Waddle and Sheridan booed by the bloke behind me, I think some folk just use footy and players to release reservoirs of bile. Better out than in I suppose, but I wish they’d shuffle off to S2.

• Like 1