#SWFC 3 - 0 Reading OMDT

55 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

It's pointless judging the players on what they do for the rest of this awful season. The pressure is off. 

As Carlton palmer said, our overpaid players couldn't cut it when the pressure was on. 

Our season was over before it started. I said way back in August we haven't a chance of promotion. I didn't actually think we would be quite as bad as we've been. We have at least five players getting over 50 grand a week and look what happens. Three of those haven't played all season for more than a handful of matches. Another has been out with faked injury (the owners fault not rhe players) and the other one is an elderly never was. 

Wolves spent their money so well. 

Our overall bill is way higher than theirs and look what a mess we've got into 

So todays match doesn't matter at all. If we get five it's meaningless. Ask Carlton palmer his opinion in that unlikely event. 

Yeah but Carlton, none of em managed to get themselves sent off with a Wembley place at stake lol

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Matias caused them all sorts of problems last time. May we see him start. Think we might.

I think he will be one of the interesting cases in the summer transfers.

Any variant of 4-3-3 he has a future.

If we stick with 3-5-2 .....where realistically he could only be considered as a striker where would he be in the pecking order.

Big summer ahead for a lot of players.

10 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I must say it has been a tough season, I must say his Lordship has remained positive throughout even when her ladyship put him out in the snow after she found Eddie kissing his Lord of the realm ring. I must say Eddies cold sore problem has all but disappeared as the season comes to it's close and at long last we can relax our arses a little. This is a great relief to me as yesterday I had an endoscope examination, for those of you who have been in this position you will know that the Colon is filled with air for cinematic purposes and KY jelly for purposes of lubrication. Yesterday these two circumstances combined to produce the loudest fart of my entire 67 years... Then tonight I see there is thunder in the weather forecast. These two factors combined with our completely relaxed state leads me to believe we will have a goals glut....I'm going 6-3 to the Wednesday lol

UTO WAWAW 

And the previous 24 hour preparation is also a doddle don't you think.:CEO:

Will Rhodes keep his place after a good performance at Hull? 

After thinking about the formation at Hull I decided we went 343

with Rhodes up front and Reach and FF playing a bit deeper and a bit wider . Kinda Chelseaesque.

Wonder what we will go with today 

6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Will Rhodes keep his place after a good performance at Hull? 

After thinking about the formation at Hull I decided we went 343

with Rhodes up front and Reach and FF playing a bit deeper and a bit wider . Kinda Chelseaesque.

Wonder what we will go with today 

We'll  see in a couple of hours. Think Rhodes deserves  to keep his place to build his confidence after last week but wouldn't be surprised if Nuhiu comes back  in alongside him though.

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

It's pointless judging the players on what they do for the rest of this awful season. The pressure is off. 

As Carlton palmer said, our overpaid players couldn't cut it when the pressure was on. 

Our season was over before it started. I said way back in August we haven't a chance of promotion. I didn't actually think we would be quite as bad as we've been. We have at least five players getting over 50 grand a week and look what happens. Three of those haven't played all season for more than a handful of matches. Another has been out with faked injury (the owners fault not rhe players) and the other one is an elderly never was. 

Wolves spent their money so well. 

Our overall bill is way higher than theirs and look what a mess we've got into 

So todays match doesn't matter at all. If we get five it's meaningless. Ask Carlton palmer his opinion in that unlikely event. 

cfec339cdd2c48445a0989907d205888d78339097b833c7c813a4310afe7e27b.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Fifty grand a week. Where are these figures coming from?

Who's the fake injury?

Agree, season was never going to recover from the start we made.

Can’t wait to hear which five players we are paying (at least) £13m in wages per year for. Got a feeling an answer might not be forthcoming though.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Can’t wait to hear which five players we are paying (at least) £13m in wages per year for. Got a feeling an answer might not be forthcoming though.

I got a feeling as well that you might not get an answer,it's the norm , all mouth and trousers.

I think the outcome of today’s game will mainly hinge on how Reading approach it. They’ve been picking up points at home under Clement but not away so I suspect they’ll come for the draw. If we can get at them early then who knows but starting quickly is not our strong point. Fancy FF to score one or two today though.

3 minutes ago, camffiti said:

I sense some experimentation in todays starting line up 

Hopefully this time it won't be a back 4 of full backs 

The very reason I quit Fantasy Football after one season and never played it again.

Lad who won had 3 full back in his side.

"You'd never win games with that side.  You've no one in their who can head"

"Doesn't mate pal. It's all about points"

"You've no ball winner in midfield.."

"All about about points"

" You've got no balance in that side whatsoever"

"It doesn't matter"

"There's no way your side would beat my side"

"I've won the league and youre bottom"

"This is a sh*t game!"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think he will be one of the interesting cases in the summer transfers.

Any variant of 4-3-3 he has a future.

If we stick with 3-5-2 .....where realistically he could only be considered as a striker where would he be in the pecking order.

Big summer ahead for a lot of players.

Cannot see it , another Tampax  

In for 1 week out for 4 

Plus he just does not deliver , show pony 

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

Cannot see it , another Tampax  

In for 1 week out for 4 

Plus he just does not deliver , show pony 

Largely I'd agree. But (and I know it's not the same as the League)  I thought he looked really good playing as a proper striker this season in the cup games. Absolutley revelled in the chaos Nuhou caused and his willingness to make runs into the space behind looked a real weapon. It's something the others, for whatever they bring to the table don't really seem to have in the locker -That blind side space sprint on the gamble.