Here's why #SWFC should give Sam Winnall a second chance

45 minutes ago, CadTheOwl said:

We all would have liked this to have worked out, but on the plus side we should profit from his sale. 

Get rid which will help the FFP cause, then forget about him. 

Agreed. By all accounts he's a grade A stroker.

4 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

If we can somehow get money for Rhodes and Fletcher I'd happily give Winnall a chance in the squad. If we can't and/or by some miracle Hirst signs a new deal I would think Winnall is one of our players most likely to bring in a return on investment and could help avoid FFP

I mostly agree with that but, what about Winnall V Fessi round 2?

I don't think Hirst will be here.

5 hours ago, cookeh said:

Used right he scores goals.. no question.

But.. we're stocked for strikers and at the same time financially in the hole..

He's very much desired by Derby.. so cashing in seems the only sensible course..

unless someone wants to give us 15m for Joao.

Just like Jordan Rhodes 

4 hours ago, wawawuto said:

We lack players who will consistently fight for the shirt and always at least put 100% in. Winnall does both imo. Will be gutted if he is sold, would much rather see rhodes/ fletcher moved on than him

totally agree.if fit far superior to our current strike force including all of our strikers

Really don't think we need him, even with all the injuries this season Nuhiu and Joao who looked like their time was possibly up here, came in and have both done a good job. With Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri and Rhodes to be competing for a place up front next season I don't see a place for him here. Hopefully we can get a bit of money for him and get him off the wage bill.

6 hours ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

It's all part of football management. Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham famously hated the sight of each other but it didn't stop them being a prolific partnership for Man Utd.

If, when Winnall is back, Jos can get the best out of both of them then that has to be the best solution.

And he's 'free' plus we get rid of Butters. Win win.

Guest wilyfox
2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

The dynamic can change very quickly with a new bloke in charge Wily.

WTF!?

Sounds as though Winnall didn't integrate well here. If there is animosity between him and Forestieri, I choose Forestieri regardless of blame or fault because he's our most influential player. Probably pure speculation, but if we could offload Winnall, Fletcher, and Rhodes in favour of someone like Marriott, I'm all for it. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Sounds as though Winnall didn't integrate well here. If there is animosity between him and Forestieri, I choose Forestieri regardless of blame or fault because he's our most influential player. Probably pure speculation, but if we could offload Winnall, Fletcher, and Rhodes in favour of someone like Marriott, I'm all for it. 

I've heard the background..and there's no reason to disbelieve it.

The offloading bit tho...

WTF!?

Get rid he's a weapon..never off social media saying how he loves derby..wants to stay etc..then he ends up fooked..and guess what..no more insta no more twittering..he shud be thanking wednesday every month when he looks at his over inflated bank balance...£4500 a week at Barnsley...then boooom..16k a week at Wednesday :duntmatter:

Derby will try for a cut price deal and play on his injury,lets face it injured hes worth more or less the price WE payed.
Cant see us being mugged off like that,better to play him,get him fit and wait n see what january brings,even a short term loan to a league one club,get him back scoring and shove his price up,would be better than letting the sheep sh&&ers have him on the cheap