Here's why #SWFC should give Sam Winnall a second chance

8 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Get rid he's a weapon..never off social media saying how he loves derby..wants to stay etc..then he ends up fooked..and guess what..no more insta no more twittering..he shud be thanking wednesday every month when he looks at his over inflated bank balance...£4500 a week at Barnsley...then boooom..16k a week at Wednesday :duntmatter:

I think everyone in life deserves a chance to make amends for their misdemeanours. ...

Realistically though some are beyond reproach aren't they? 

I value your take on this ?

I shall be monitoring spelling and grammar mind.

4 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I think everyone in life deserves a chance to make amends for their misdemeanours. ...

Realistically though some are beyond reproach aren't they? 

I value your take on this ?

I shall be monitoring spelling and grammar mind.

Tbf when I had a meagre 3500 posts I Wundt be moniterin anybody...get back to me when juve clocked up 20k plus..:picnic:

It wasn't Carlos that showed Winnall the door.

That person is very much still in charge at Hillsborough, so don't get your hopes up that he'll have any kind of future here.

The club had to back one out of two players, they backed one and showed the door to the other.

Unfortunately for Winnall, Derby don't now want him.    That's also unfortunate for Wednesday as it probably cuts his value in half when combined with his current injury.

£1.5m sale so one of five or six clubs.    Soon to be cut short to 3 clubs, depending on who gets relegated.

11 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

Do we really need to put a hashtag in every tittle? Isn’t twitter only used by mentalists and the American president (same thing) 

There is not anything wrong with trump.

He says what most people are to scared to say, for fear of people calling them.

FACT

• Haha 1

Couldn't understand why we signed him then in a mad head rush signed Rhodes afterwards, both quite similar and we just didn't need both at the time. For me having signed the cut-price winnal we shouldn't have brought Jordan in as well preferable to spend the cash in a wiser vein for other positions that needed strengthening. 

He's no better than we have, it's like the Paul Heffernan scenario again, whoever isn't playing is the answer, despite the fact he has less goals than Nuhiu, Hooper, Joao and probably about the same as Rhodes, Derby barely played him when he was fit he came off the bench with 15 to play every week.

12 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Quality Dear Lichfield

Not quantity ........................

Unfortunately OG that is not Owlstalk rules.

The more posts you make proves you know more about SWFC or in fact know more about everything than people with a lesser post count.

FFS. 

• Like 1

He grafts and puts a shift in.

Quite good at most things, but doesn't really excell at any in particular.

Clearly (IMO) signed as back up incase we didn't get the Rhodes deal over the line.

As it is we did, and it left us top heavy.

Shame he got his injury, we'd have made our money back on him. And maybe even a tiny margin of profit.

29 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Shame he got his injury, we'd have made our money back on him. And maybe even a tiny margin of profit

He's still at Derby, right? So no reason to think they won't bite our hand off for him as soon as he's fit again.

And given we paid next to nothing for him, we should make a tidy profit.

Edited by cookeh

16 minutes ago, cookeh said:

He's still at Derby, right? So no reason to think they won't bite our hand off for him as soon as he's fit again.

And given we paid next to nothing for him, we should make a tidy profit.

As far as I know. Much was made of him wanting to do his rehab there.

Hopefully we can still make a few bob. Free up some wages.

ACL isn't the career death knell it once was. But still potential to make him not what he was.

Don't know if Derby will be as interested.  Some clubs get wary of players with injuries on their record!

I remember quite clearly when winnall went to derby to my disgust that carlos said it was a season long loan and no transfer at end of it , if we want a striker what can score for fun at championship/league 1 level it will cost us 5-10 million absolute minimum , so if derby thought they could get him for 3 million there having a laugh ,hopefully chansiri has now pulled his pants up and wont get fleeced again .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

The fact you have stated he's better than Gary Hooper is exasperating. 

gary hooper is ageing and his record for appearances is appalling , gary hooper is a very intelligent player and excellent at scoring . unfortunately though  his body is broken while his bank balance goes up and up,like so many of our players. don't matter what training they have planned over the summer these crocks will all be out again ,quite a few want this season over but I think next season we will do well to keep out of bottom 6 as there is no hope of us spending this summer and getting all the  players fit.