Jos needs to be more animated

11 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

I dont want the guy to get high blood pressure. But heck, he needs to be more animated on the touchline and work on his interviews. Otherwise the fans will lose confidence in him when results do not go our way. 

As a leader you need to boss. But at the momment he just apears bored and defeated.

No he just needs to get the squad playing to a certain level that can achieve results on a fairly consistent basis and makes the attendance fee just about worth paying.

How he goes about that is down to his personality and whatever method he feels comfortable with that works

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

11 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

I dont want the guy to get high blood pressure. But heck, he needs to be more animated on the touchline and work on his interviews. Otherwise the fans will lose confidence in him when results do not go our way. 

As a leader you need to boss. But at the momment he just apears bored and defeated.

Dunno about that, maybe he's older than 12 

Can someone please detail how animated Jos was on the touchline against Hull?  Did his body language demonstrate leadership and passion?  Or what about the real acid test, did he give an entertaining post-match interview?

Or are these things that only matter if we don’t win? :rolleyes:

• Like 5

On 12/04/2018 at 08:21, CF83OWL said:

I like Jos’ style. I don’t need to see a manager waving his arms around on the sidelines; all I care about is the he does his job. Also, I think we have to appreciate that English is not his native language, therefore, we’re not going to get a humorous Big Sam Allardyce style witty quip fest from Jos just yet; however, if you compare week on week, he appears to be improving with his vocabulary and fluency.  That said, I’d much rather listen to Jos’ meaningful but dull interviews than Chris Wilder’s self-serving drivel (I’m still convinced that Wilder isn’t from Stockbridge with that non-Sheffield more East Midland accent he has). 

Anyway, back to Jos:  I think given that he has a good record in getting teams similar to Wednesday promoted to the Bundesliga from the German equivalent of the Championship, I think Jos’ style works.  He’ll do for me. 

Edited by shandypants

I used to run my sons under 10 football team , I used all my passion and bellowed instructions all the time !! One day he said why do you bother doing all that dad ?We’re concentrating on the game and can’t really decipher what you’re trying to say . With a crowd of 20 000 plus also contributing their views on how the game should be played . Who do you think would actually be aware of touchline shinanegans ?one maybe two ? They can’t hear a thing completely pointless !! You do all the work prior to the game and trust people to do the job . Animated behaviour on the touchline would only serve to make the OP feel better nothing practical can be achieved by this . If we lose ,the OP could say well at least Jos showed passion !! He would feel better but nothing would have been achieved still a defeat it’s just pantomime . I thought the game had moved from this !! 

The OP was raised after the start at QPR. We needed more "animation" to get the players sorted after that first 15 minutes. Yet there are many posters (not necessarily those wanting more animation, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are) calling for Nigel Pearson as manager. He is what I would call an animated and passionate manager, but he spends the first 45 minutes in the directors box getting a better view and understanding of the game. How would that work in respect of our poor starts (QPR, Bristol, Brum)?