Jos needs to be more animated

I dont want the guy to get high blood pressure. But heck, he needs to be more animated on the touchline and work on his interviews. Otherwise the fans will lose confidence in him when results do not go our way. 

As a leader you need to boss. But at the momment he just apears bored and defeated.

Edited by CF83OWL
  • Haha 2

I don't see how Jos waving his arms about or shouting makes any difference to how the players perform. He can't control how a player performs, yes he can tweak things but he doesn't need to become Steve Evans on the touchline to do that.

• Like 1

At first I admit I was frustrated that he wasn't tearing seats out from the dugout when we play sh*te....but now I sort of get it, just not his style to "get animated".

Got a proper relaxed persona has Jos.

If he could just sprinkle in the odd expletive ridden rant or booting of a water bottle at the fourth official that'd be nice.

10 minutes ago, Gparrish said:

I don't see how Jos waving his arms about or shouting makes any difference to how the players perform. He can't control how a player performs, yes he can tweak things but he doesn't need to become Steve Evans on the touchline to do that.

Agreed but on Tuesday after 15 minutes we're obviously in big do do but where's Jos?...not on the touchline, trying to sort things out but hiding in the dugout like a sulky teenager. I don't know if you went to QPR but I did and in my opinion, that's not what you want to see from your manager. It just doesn't give you confidence.

Need a cool head not an arm waving idiot. An animated manager would improve nothing. it isthe qualityofthe squad which is poor. When we kept recruiting players whowere not in flush of youth this demise was predicted many times and now it has happened.

The team has insufficient energy or pace.

54 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

I dont want the guy to get high blood pressure. But heck, he needs to be more animated on the touchline and work on his interviews. Otherwise the fans will lose confidence in him when results do not go our way. 

As a leader you need to boss. But at the momment he just apears bored and defeated.

He could jump around like a lunatic for 90 mins doesnt make a bit of difference

1 hour ago, CF83OWL said:

I agree with you as I think a manager in the championship needs to be shouting instructions and encouragement from the sidelines to motivate his players. I wonder if players feel more motivated to play with Warnock shouting at them during the game, than with Jos sat quietly with his arms folded. 

Theres a difference in being quiet like wenger when you have top class footballers on the pitch, compared to championship players.

• Like 1

He's not gonna change his personality overnight so it is what it is, personally I think this current group of players would benefit from a manager who is a more obvious leader given the lack of obvious leaders on the pitch.

But ultimately footballs about winning games, you win games your calm and cool on the sidelines you lose your inactive and too quiet, the narrative is created later, carlos takes us to the premier league and his analogies and self centered press conferences are signs of genius you dont win games and you quickly become a clown.

Body language is a huge percentage of communication. 

When Beckham saw Fergies response to a free kick miss after coming on as a sub against Madrid. He knew his time was up as a United player. 

Actions and reactions speak louder than words. 

• Haha 1

It's the curse of modern time's, if he waved his arms around whilst jumping about, he would look great on some Instagram shots, and bingo!! Way more committed.

Perhaps he could kiss the badge, or perhaps push a tear out when we lose.  Because looking like you care for some folk is way more important than caring. I sometimes want to cringe when I see a player that's been at a club 5 minutes beating his chest like he cares like we do. It's all a bit Wayne Rooney's pajamas.

He might just be really focused on the job in hand, and if he is and gets it done, he can be cold as a Mexican hitman for me. You see shisters everyday who know how to pr the crap job they're doing, I can live without another.

• Thanks 2