Made my mind up

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

You personally might not have, but you must be aware that we've just lost by 1 goal to an excellent Fulham side. Beat Sunderland Preston by decent margins and folks have been digging him out for it.

Yes before he came here we went a whole calender month without a shot on target.  But he's negative....

I want him to do well same as you.

Think he should get a transfer window and the chance to do his own thing. Since he's been here he's had his finger in the dyke. 

Lord H I don't think one or even two windows will be enough unless we get very, very lucky. 

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Lord H I don't think one or even two windows will be enough unless we get very, very lucky. 

Quite possibly. Especially if we have trouble unloading. 

I'm just amazed how many people expect Rome to be built in a day!

Mind....I think some are just a bit irritable about the exit of their idol...

5accd6a089ec9_carlossupper.thumb.png.b1054937d468158dbadcb9efc5a8114b.png

The main concern for me is the fact that we dont seem to start performing until the 2nd half. Tonight is a perfect example. Whos to blame? The manager? The players?. Either way its not good enough. Players out injured, un available, makes no difference. We were far better in the 2nd half but the game was lost in the first. Is it fitness? Cors not. Bad preperation imho. 

Wev gone from playoff finalists to playoff semi finalists to just surviving relegation.

A new manager should have been appointed after last season. You can argue that jos has inherited a team in a mess left by cc, but is he the man to get us pushing promotion next season? Personally i dont think so. 

Its time to bring in a proven manager and let them do a clear out. Rather than take a gamble on jos just for him to be sacked before xmas. Then we will be in the same poo again. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Quite possibly. Especially if we have trouble unloading. 

I'm just amazed how many people expect Rome to be built in a day!

Mind....I think some are just a bit irritable about the exit of their idol...

5accd6a089ec9_carlossupper.thumb.png.b1054937d468158dbadcb9efc5a8114b.png

Cheese on toast for starters .....

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Only thing saving jos at the min is all of the injuries but tbh im not convinced he could do much better with a fully fit side.

Seems very negative but its a hard one to call, some would say we need to see how he fairs with the full squad back.

Personally I wish he hadnt got him here in the first place .

I don’t know if he’s even that negative, it’s a bit of everything which isn’t amounting to anything in particular. I think it’s good to be able to mix things up but you can usually name a telling characteristic for most sides.

I appreciate it isn’t his side and he  is probably being judged early, but by the same token, can we afford to wait until next Autumn to find out?

30 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

It doesn't matter how many elastic bands you give Jos; He won't be able to unscrew the cylinder head to have a look at the engine.

Once he has a socket set and ring spanners we may see something different and something different that works.

I think this is fair, but whoever does get those tools there needs to be a general feeling of confidence that he is the right man for what could be our last roll of the dice for the foreseeable.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Harry Styles earns a lot more than  that kid who busks outside the winter gardens but it doesn't mean he's a better singer.

Harry Styles has been there done it, performed in front of millions hence earning his wealth. Maybe that busker should have applied for a place on X factor. So are you say we are over paying our reserve players? Should be recruit better reserve players? Are the reserve players not up to the job despite being paid very well?

34 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

Harry Styles has been there done it, performed in front of millions hence earning his wealth. Maybe that busker should have applied for a place on X factor. So are you say we are over paying our reserve players? Should be recruit better reserve players? Are the reserve players not up to the job despite being paid very well?

I think our whole recruitment should be looked at, not just our reserve players.  We've thrown big money at players (and lots of them) and their agents and I don't think we can say it's been a blinding success has it?

Our recruitment policy , especislly post Wembley, has badly let us all down, and left us with a bloated, unbalanced squad, with little resale value and half of who haven't been fit all year. 

Are the reserve players not up to it?  Well, no not really.  Carlos alluded to it,  as did the chairman in his Q&A sessions that it was more a case of just getting bodies through the doors.  The  there was all thing about "or hard to motivate when they know they are only back up"

The whole season has been an unmitigated disaster that started before the abysmal showing at Preston on the opening day but in the pre season and the game against Rangers.

We have spent in excess of £30m in assembling one of the biggest squads in the division, six victories in 23 matches and on a 6 game losing streak before Jos. He arrived in the New Year , the busiest time kn the fixtures sxhedule ,with half the squad out and having to rely on an inexperienced kid in the net , ot being able to have fulk traininf sessions an unfit and thin group of  reserves to steer through and allowed a tiny net spend of £450k to get us through the disaster period. He's got 6 wins in 20. 

And now we want to give him the boot when we're eventually getting some of the better players back? When the season is drawing to go a close we'd he's got a proper chance to work with the players.  Just seems a bit short sighted , IMO to judge him just on this period. 

Tonight I think it's quite clear he was experimenting with things. It didn't pay off. But he'll have learnt something. He's being flexible and trying different things. 

If he stays and fails. I'll be the first to say he's had a chance and f*cked it up and needs to go.  But until he's had that chance... I don't know how so many can be so positive that he will fail.  We just don't know yet. No one can really know till he's had a proper crack at it like any other manager would need in the same circumstances.

Good night folks.

UTO

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

That's a question that can't be answered on here I'm afraid ..

You may have to email the club and ask for his contact details ..

If you succeed? 

could you be so kind to let us know,  I'm getting quite impatient not knowing this information 

Good luck with your quest Lichfield ...

@A12owl has already emailed the club and requested a public enquiry at taxpayer expense, it's all in hand.... lol

I’m not convinced by Jos - too many strange decisions. Things like playing with no forwards, randomly throwing in Jack Stobbs, making no substitutions, losing games in the first half and still not changing it, reluctance to play his best side, being wiffletastic in interviews...

I voted ‘in’ on the other thread and even after tonight’s abject performance I’ll stick with it...but the warning signs are there.

39 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Fs another idiot.

Can I ask a question. Where was this thread after we best Sunderland? TIA

I'm not sticking up for anyone or have any particular view on when threads are posted; but there were people who clearly said that both Preston and Sunderland were smash n grabs and the team performance was average. 

Not that performance is everything; but a few on here consider performance high on agenda. 

I don't think that a couple of wins against crap teams can cloud over some of the mistakes Jos has made.  But he may deserve a learning curve period until next season and see how he goes then.

8 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Firstly, as a bloke, I like Jos. Before a couple of games he's signed autographs and done the PR bit with my lad and a few other young uns.

His openness about injuries, his approach to giving youth a chance and reluctance to rush players back - all highly admirable qualities.

Scroll past the next paras if you want Jos to stay.

The wins.

Reading - F A cup, flattered by the scoreline, a very average opponent anyway.

Leeds and Preston. Games won late on where we the score line flattered us.

Sunderland away - toxic club who most have beat, crucial decision went our way at 2-1.

Derby at home was fully deserved.But that's it.

Now for the real truth, under Jos, 

Birmingham

Bristol

QPR - all over at half time.

Based on his fiirst 3 months, a full season under Jos would see us in a relegation battle. Is that what we want ?

Not sure what our budgets will be next season, I'd like to think we could attract somebody who could offer more than mid table mediocrity (at best) - I'd like Johnson from Bristol.

But back to Jos, if your remit was to keep us up, thanks, but move over. If it was to offer hope of progress, it not happened.

I'm not a CC fan, wouldn't want him  back this century, but based on what we've seen, his replacent will not take us forward.

Spot on

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

There was enough on the pitch this evening, not to have been dicked by QPR 

We always start slow, and we are starting to get found out Tactically, his supposed strongpoint, we are all over the place

This.

A defensive manager who’s team regularly ships over 2 goals a game...