Made my mind up

Firstly, as a bloke, I like Jos. Before a couple of games he's signed autographs and done the PR bit with my lad and a few other young uns.

His openness about injuries, his approach to giving youth a chance and reluctance to rush players back - all highly admirable qualities.

Scroll past the next paras if you want Jos to stay.

The wins.

Reading - F A cup, flattered by the scoreline, a very average opponent anyway.

Leeds and Preston. Games won late on where we the score line flattered us.

Sunderland away - toxic club who most have beat, crucial decision went our way at 2-1.

Derby at home was fully deserved.But that's it.

Now for the real truth, under Jos, 

Birmingham

Bristol

QPR - all over at half time.

Based on his fiirst 3 months, a full season under Jos would see us in a relegation battle. Is that what we want ?

Not sure what our budgets will be next season, I'd like to think we could attract somebody who could offer more than mid table mediocrity (at best) - I'd like Johnson from Bristol.

But back to Jos, if your remit was to keep us up, thanks, but move over. If it was to offer hope of progress, it not happened.

I'm not a CC fan, wouldn't want him  back this century, but based on what we've seen, his replacent will not take us forward.

Based on his fiirst 3 months, a full season under Jos would see us in a relegation battle. Is that what we want ?

How do you come to such a conclusion?

• Haha 1

He's taken over a side that was grossly underprepared pre season,that was cut to the bone by injuries and tried to make them into a decent squad. Hiding to hell some might say

• Thanks 1

We need a clean break.

For me that includes the manager. Tough circumstances yada yada.. I'm not really interested. We need to go into next year with as little follow on from this season as possible and I don't want to bring this manager any further for the ride. 

His destiny is to go back to European lower league football and become a quiz question answer for years to come.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Firstly, as a bloke, I like Jos. Before a couple of games he's signed autographs and done the PR bit with my lad and a few other young uns.

His openness about injuries, his approach to giving youth a chance and reluctance to rush players back - all highly admirable qualities.

Scroll past the next paras if you want Jos to stay.

The wins.

Reading - F A cup, flattered by the scoreline, a very average opponent anyway.

Leeds and Preston. Games won late on where we the score line flattered us.

Sunderland away - toxic club who most have beat, crucial decision went our way at 2-1.

Derby at home was fully deserved.But that's it.

Now for the real truth, under Jos, 

Birmingham

Bristol

QPR - all over at half time.

Based on his fiirst 3 months, a full season under Jos would see us in a relegation battle. Is that what we want ?

Not sure what our budgets will be next season, I'd like to think we could attract somebody who could offer more than mid table mediocrity (at best) - I'd like Johnson from Bristol.

But back to Jos, if your remit was to keep us up, thanks, but move over. If it was to offer hope of progress, it not happened.

I'm not a CC fan, wouldn't want him  back this century, but based on what we've seen, his replacent will not take us forward.

I could argue the point against a lot of what you posted,but the one i'll get my teeth into is this "i'd like Johnson from Bristol",his first season (bearing in mind this is his second) he stank,city fans threw a proper wobbler at that losing run they went on,just did enough to stay up.

Onto this season,all points to the @rse falling out of em again,so the mid table mediocrity you claim we'd have under Jos,isn't really bettered by Johnson is it.

9 minutes ago, mrgund said:

Overall Luhukay has led us to 17 points from 16 games. Given the horrendous circumstances he inherited, that isn't terrible. On a points per game basis it's almost identical with Carvalhal's record and he had something approaching a full squad for much of his time in charge. It's not a cause for great optimism but he could have done much worse. I suspect his predecessor might have had he stayed.

• Like 1

We don’t want unrealistic expectations but this appointment never generated a buzz. I’m not sure it will over the summer either but we will probably find out as I don’t think he will go anywhere. 

He’s not done terribly under the circumstances and he’s had a tough gig. But I just don’t think he’s shown any characteristics as a manager or his style of play that suggest he is likely to be the man to get us up there. Would love to be proven wrong.

Only thing saving jos at the min is all of the injuries but tbh im not convinced he could do much better with a fully fit side.

Seems very negative but its a hard one to call, some would say we need to see how he fairs with the full squad back.

Personally I wish he hadnt got him here in the first place .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrgund said:

Losing games before half time - in OP.

Not seeing games out - Bolton.

Team Selection - Millwall.

The teams going down this season will have lower points totals than previous.

I'd have loved for him to have done better, but far too often, his team has been abject.  

I accept he inherited a ravaged, heartless squad, but he signed up for it.

I didn't go tonight, but to travel 200 miles to see your team beaten inside 30 mins...woeful.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Losing games before half time...

Not seeing games out...

Team Selection...

Vague, generic and/or subjective criticisms that could easily be levelled at around 80-85 of the clubs in the professional leagues every single season?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I could argue the point against a lot of what you posted,but the one i'll get my teeth into is this "i'd like Johnson from Bristol",his first season (bearing in mind this is his second) he stank,city fans threw a proper wobbler at that losing run they went on,just did enough to stay up.

Onto this season,all points to the @rse falling out of em again,so the mid table mediocrity you claim we'd have under Jos,isn't really bettered by Johnson is it.

Have you got false teeth ?

Do you like seeing your team beaten inside 45 minutes once a month.

I don't. 

Wednesday fans are realists not losers.

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Vague, generic and/or subjective criticisms that could easily be levelled at around 80-85 of the clubs in the professional leagues every single season?

Vague, generic repost.

We're talking about our club over the last  3-4 months. Not 80-85 other clubs, but as you're so up on the stats, name them,

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Have you got false teeth ?

Do you like seeing your team beaten inside 45 minutes once a month.

I don't. 

Wednesday fans are realists not losers.

WTF are you prattling on about,Lee johnson would be an average replacement for an average incumbent.

Some wednesday fans are completely f-----g stupid.