Jack Hunt "Before Carlos left we could have had a play-off push"

#SWFC could have had a play off push if the players could have been kept fit under Carlos Carvalahal says Owls defender Jack Hunt

“I genuinely believe that even before Carlos [Carvalhal] left if we could have kept everyone fit we could have had a play-off push. I genuinely believe that. It wasn’t going the way we wanted but we were only in December.

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-could-have-been-just-like-fulham-says-owls-star-1-9104327

Owlstalk Shop

There was no way the squad would ever not suffer from injuries with Carlos in his 3rd season at the helm, it started in his second season and got progressively worse .

Edited by Owl999
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Are you serious Hunt?

We’re talking about a squad that got to the playoff final in his first season, fourth in the table in the second and a penalty shootout from getting back to the playoff final. Why are you suggesting he might not be serious? 99% of pundits and fans had us in the top 6 before the start of the season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If man city had our injury problems to key players they'd be no where near top . Just one of those seasons where if it could happen happen to players it has . Just a crappy season roll on August and hopefully just a normal amount of injuries rather than going down like skittles . 

1 hour ago, Carbone said:

We’re talking about a squad that got to the playoff final in his first season, fourth in the table in the second and a penalty shootout from getting back to the playoff final. Why are you suggesting he might not be serious? 99% of pundits and fans had us in the top 6 before the start of the season 

If the players had been fit , At moment we look like a cast for Casualty . And was Carlos %100 committed to Wednesday , He spoke to Swansea twice .

46 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

If we had two decent fullbacks I would agree .

To be fair i don't think Hunt is a bad full back at all. 

Our main problem has been he has carried an injury and then been out for most of the season and we've had to rely on Liam Palmer

Left back, well. Enough said.

"A frustrated Jack Hunt claims the Owls could have mounted a third successive top-six push if fortune had been on their side with injuries this season."

If I had fortune on my side, I could've won the lottery.....a pointless comment...(both mine, and his)

Edited by Windygrowler

The fitness of the squad had been getting worse from the last two pre seasons

It was always going to eventually catch up with us

Look at the first season.

Players were signed who had their pre seasons with other clubs and were fit

Hence high tempo games with plenty of high end closing down

Fast forward 12 months and they looked like grannies

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lanzaroteowl said:

The fitness of the squad had been getting worse from the last two pre seasons

It was always going to eventually catch up with us

Look at the first season.

Players were signed who had their pre seasons with other clubs and were fit

Hence high tempo games with plenty of high end closing down

Fast forward 12 months and they looked like grannies

Bang on mate, half the squad needs replacing, they've got old and knackered, past their sell by dates