Jack Hunt "Before Carlos left we could have had a play-off push"

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

#SWFC could have had a play off push if the players could have been kept fit under Carlos Carvalahal says Owls defender Jack Hunt

“I genuinely believe that even before Carlos [Carvalhal] left if we could have kept everyone fit we could have had a play-off push. I genuinely believe that. It wasn’t going the way we wanted but we were only in December.

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-could-have-been-just-like-fulham-says-owls-star-1-9104327

Add a another one to the injury list. Jack has concussion. 

1 hour ago, Rebowl Yell said:

He’s absolutely spot on. It’s injuries to blame not Carlos. Had we not had a freak season full of injuries we’d be knocking on the door for auto’s no doubt about it.

The snag is that although Hunt didn't give up on Carlos, it was clear from their performances that many other players did.

This season was over the day Chansiri decided to keep him on for a third term, irrespective of injuries.

Huddersfield cast a long shadow.

If we had everyone was fit all season, we'd have been top 2.

You can't tell me Cardiff are better than us when we have a fully fit squad.

I honestly think the only team that we would have struggled against this season would have been Fulham.

Seriously think we could have beaten every other team. That's how crap the league as been this season!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I honestly think the only team that we would have struggled against this season would have been Fulham.

Seriously think we could have beaten every other team. That's how crap the league as been this season!

We’d be top two .... wow ! Course they are better than us . You are banging on about crocks like Hutchinson , Westwood , abdi , fletcher , Matias etc etc they have had it . Lee he’s had it . Hooper is a crock too. 

We we have no pace, shocking levels of fitness , of course we would t be too two. Seriously our fans are deluded sometimes 

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

We’d be top two .... wow ! Course they are better than us . You are banging on about crocks like Hutchinson , Westwood , abdi , fletcher , Matias etc etc they have had it . Lee he’s had it . Hooper is a crock too. 

We we have no pace, shocking levels of fitness , of course we would t be too two. Seriously our fans are deluded sometimes 

That's why I said if everyone was fit!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

The problem was retaining Carlos.

That's what did it.

The tactics in that first leg finished Carlos here.

I had the misfortune to witness it, and I'm 100% certain of that.

I don't see how any manager could have bounced back from that.

If he'd have gone after Huddersfield, then it would have been a fresh start.

Something for players and fans alike to believe in.

Who knows whom a new manager would have brought in over the summer, and whom he might have let go.

Had that man been Jos, then if nothing else we'd have been fitter in August.

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

The problem was retaining Carlos.

That's what did it.

The tactics in that first leg finished Carlos here.

I had the misfortune to witness it, and I'm 100% certain of that.

I don't see how any manager could have bounced back from that.

If he'd have gone after Huddersfield, then it would have been a fresh start.

Something for players and fans alike to believe in.

Who knows whom a new manager would have brought in over the summer, and whom he might have let go.

Had that man been Jos, then if nothing else we'd have been fitter in August.

I still believe our first 11 can compete at the top of this league.

We need to keep them fit and Jos needs to get the best out of them and I think that is when we play attacking football.

We don't have too much after our first 11 and this season has shown that.

The biggest problem though is keeping everyone fit!

Just now, jonnyowl said:

I still believe our first 11 can compete at the top of this league.

We need to keep them fit and Jos needs to get the best out of them and I think that is when we play attacking football.

We don't have too much after our first 11 and this season has shown that.

The biggest problem though is keeping everyone fit!

I agree totally.

I don't think this squad is anywhere near as bad as some Owls fans believe.

We've been wallopped this season by firstly a loss of confidence in the manager, then by a heinous injury crisis.

I think Jos is brighter than Carlos, and I also think he's more analytical and studious.

Look how his English has improved in such a short time, for example.

He says he knows what's causing our injury problems, and if that be right then we'll have a good season next time.

There's an obsession with youth and pace.

Young players drop clangers, and pace is fine with the ball at your feet, as Carlos used to say.

Pace alone makes you a runner, and those that can do it with the ball at their feet are unlikely to be at this level very long.

2 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Not sure how many people disagree wit this from hunt, we were mid table at the point he’s talking about so we could have easily mounted a top 6 challenge with a fully fit team 

I agree. Even when we played Millwall under Jos we could have moved within a couple of points of them with a win - look where they are now. 

I don't think it would have happened as many of the performances suggested Carlos was not fully focused having spoken to Swansea twice and we have never got close to having a fully fit squad all season so it is immaterial but it wouldn't have been impossible. 

13 hours ago, Carbone said:

We’re talking about a squad that got to the playoff final in his first season, fourth in the table in the second and a penalty shootout from getting back to the playoff final. Why are you suggesting he might not be serious? 99% of pundits and fans had us in the top 6 before the start of the season 

I said in pre season that we wouldn’t finish in the top half and I was not on my own.

we were More than lucky to finish 4th.

99% my arse.