Nuhiu's Second Goal

I think out of every one of the players, nuhiu has benefited more than any of the others from the arrival of Jos, he's instilled confidence in him and us allowing him to play his natural game and the big man is loving it, most of us are loving it and it's great to see. He's now looking a better player than the one under grey, who unlike Carlos got him playing fairly well and scoring some goals, but once again shows the difference between the Carlos effect on players and the Jos effect so far. 

I'll admit to becoming really frustrated by nuhiu under Carlos tenure good team player but awful most of the time and I had more faith loovens would score a tap in and Dave would miss, but now have to give both the big man and Jos full credit for his contribution since. 

1 hour ago, Maxine said:

No apology, he wasn't the player then what he is now. 

He was, he just need faith to be shown from the wednesday fans, its easy to say it now hes scoring etc.

Can you remember the threads by zdumm where is he these days ?

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
8 minutes ago, Ian said:

You said there are some that will never see good in him....It's naive to think that there aren't people who post that they have / do see good in him but that those posts are then deleted 

I don't say this doesn't happen I know how it works and been a victim myself resulting in quitting before succumbing to the lure and returning under a new username. I'm not being naive in this as there are some who will not see any good, they may be trolls but they are there to see.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

With the quality of these performances under Jos he's literally adding thousands to his potential weekly wage at the moment, I can bet you now we end up fighting to keep him, he is not the kind of bloke people don't notice!!!!!

Fortunately, I really do think he loves the club, a rare commodity in the modern game, deserves to be here more than most at the moment. 

Edited by Morepork

4 hours ago, adifferentgame said:

I've been as vocal as any when players under-perform. Dave is no exception.

It would be nice if people could be flexible and objective rather than sticking to their guns in spite of the evidence in front of their eyes. absolutely 

Nuhiu had a shocking run in which he didn't score for over a year -  How many of those appearances were cameos and /or consecutive    and further how did we do when he did play ?  think you'll find the majority of the time we did well when he was on the pitch 

any criticism was entirely justifiable. Entitled to your opinion

That he's on fire now doesn't erase the past, but I doubt any SWFC supporter is unhappy that he's scoring for fun. err Yay I suppose

Using his short term success as a needle to poke other supporters is both crass and pointless. as was the pathetic criticism of a guy that wasn't given a fair crack by CC and supporters and was expected to turn round or save a game in minutes 

4 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

pathetic drivel. Nuhui (he is not Dave, certainly no to the likes of his critics) was criticised to a point beyond reason by small minority on here. Not people making fair comment. But people calling him the worst player they have seen here. Let those people be poked.

Suggesting that people rise above stupidity and in-fighting is "pathetic drivel"?

I'm not interested in the childish politicking and fellow fan-bashing, no matter who's doing it. Might want to get that mote checked, mate.

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Carvalhal picked him for his final game in charge, just before last Christmas. In the previous 78 league games, dating back to March 2016, Nuhiu had started just 4 of them. Hardly a surprise he went for so long without a goal really is it?

Yes, it is something of a surprise. I would have expected him to bury a chance or two from the bench. He's certainly proven he's capable in the past, as well as more recently.

His attitude is spot on, he gives 100% every game, I remember him missing a penalty against QPR a couple of seasons ago they went straight up the other end and scored but did his head drop? no he got stuck in and scored the equaliser, he was immense that night, and although he looks a big lump he's actually quite skillful as his 2nd goal today showed, so here's to you Atdhe!

Heres an intresting stat for all those who claim Nuhiu is only playing for a contract and that hes been awful or done nowt for 18 months previous to this bit of form.....

Starting from the very begining of last season and counting up to exactly half way of this season (to the sacking of Carlos). Nuhiu had only played a total of 543 minutes championship football for us (including 12 mins in playoffs). When added up, thats works out at the equivilent of just 6 league games, out of a possible 69. He also managed to get 1 goal and 1 assist in this time too. 

Fans should not use the last 18 months and him playing for a contract as a stick to beat him with. Those that try would do well to realise that no striker on our books would manage any better in the same circumstances. No doubt that some will still disagree and the facts posted will still be ignored. Some clearly have an agenda and refuse to see he is a good player.

Im not saying hes a world beater or that hes the missing link to promotion, but hes defo worth a new 2 year contract. I honestly think he is a real asset for us, and that is regardless of where we want to be in the table. Theres nobody else like him in this division and as hes shown lately, he can be devastating when utilised and managed in the right way.

13 hours ago, steelowl said:

i'm sorry but can't help saying IF FF  Fletcher Jao or Rhodes had scored that  the reaction would've been through the roof 

that was world class 

be nice if some well known dave bashers would acknowledge class when they see it 

Agreed ! Fletcher and Rhodes domt haventhat in their locker though, adthe is a quality player . We’d be foolish to let him go 

Guest mkowl

In a parallel universe somewhere Nuhiu lost the ball on the edge of the area, Preston broke and scored and 27 posts on here demanding that he joined Jesus on a cross somewhere. But such is football at times.

What it did prove was that playing as a lone striker was not an option. 

10 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

I think out of every one of the players, nuhiu has benefited more than any of the others from the arrival of Jos, he's instilled confidence in him and us allowing him to play his natural game and the big man is loving it, most of us are loving it and it's great to see. He's now looking a better player than the one under grey, who unlike Carlos got him playing fairly well and scoring some goals, but once again shows the difference between the Carlos effect on players and the Jos effect so far. 

I'll admit to becoming really frustrated by nuhiu under Carlos tenure good team player but awful most of the time and I had more faith loovens would score a tap in and Dave would miss, but now have to give both the big man and Jos full credit for his contribution since. 

For me this rings true for both Nuhiu and Joao. Both players knew under Carlos no matter how well the performed next game they would be lucky to be on the bench. Under Jos they perform and they keep the shirt for the following week if fit. Breeds confidence and we are seeing this now. For me these are the players that Carlos said were not good enough and he couldn’t motivate them. They are good enough given backing of the manager and when confident.