Nuhiu's Second Goal

1 hour ago, Stainless said:

For me this rings true for both Nuhiu and Joao. Both players knew under Carlos no matter how well the performed next game they would be lucky to be on the bench. Under Jos they perform and they keep the shirt for the following week if fit. Breeds confidence and we are seeing this now. For me these are the players that Carlos said were not good enough and he couldn’t motivate them. They are good enough given backing of the manager and when confident. 

Joao for me needed to get a bit of bottle and attitude, when he came more often than not he looked languid or lazy and let himself get bullied or pushed about a lot not really using his athleticism enough. 

Now he's looking like the player we saw glimpses of on a regular basis. 

Nuhiu always put a shift in and scored a few important goals under grey though the creativity we have now far outweighs anything we had under Stuart until mcgugan came in on loan and chances few and far between as we spent most of games do or die Alamo  defending.  but I think under Carlos he was afraid to miss, therefore he did regularly fluff chances. Under Jos he feels important, he been given the confidence to shoot again, the difference and  improvement is massive in him. Both are playing well and happy they're getting a bit of a bounce and swagger we haven't seen for a long while and long may it continue. 

I'll happily admit to agreeing with others that said he should be let go at the start of the season, but I'm also glad he's now proving us otherwise and I'd rather see if we could offload Fletcher, Rhodes and winnal ahead of him and joao. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

8 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Joao for me needed to get a bit of bottle and attitude, when he came more often than not he looked languid or lazy and let himself get bullied or pushed about a lot not really using his athleticism enough. 

Now he's looking like the player we saw glimpses of on a regular basis. 

Nuhiu always put a shift in and scored a few important goals under grey though the creativity we have now far outweighs anything we had under Stuart until mcgugan came in on loan and chances few and far between as we spent most of games do or die Alamo  defending.  but I think under Carlos he was afraid to miss, therefore he did regularly fluff chances. Under Jos he feels important, he been given the confidence to shoot again, the difference and  improvement is massive in him. Both are playing well and happy they're getting a bit of a bounce and swagger we haven't seen for a long while and long may it continue. 

I'll happily admit to agreeing with others that said he should be let go at the start of the season, but I'm also glad he's now proving us otherwise and I'd rather see if we could offload Fletcher, Rhodes and winnal ahead of him and joao. 

It all comes back to trust from the coach/manager which baring 4 or 5 untouchables wasn’t there under Carlos 

2 minutes ago, Stainless said:

It all comes back to trust from the coach/manager which baring 4 or 5 untouchables wasn’t there under Carlos 

Exactly Carlos strength was keeping the press and media entertained and on his side, but not His players. 

Remember Holloway at Blackpool gaining promotion with a bunch of make weights, miss fits and players who were not good enough for the championship?? 

All down to clever tactics & strategies, team work and fantastic player management, it just shows what can be achieved just by knowing how to treat and improve the players in your team and I think Jos seems to have a very good handle on that side of things which makes me optimistic about his tenure. 

19 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Carvalhal picked him for his final game in charge, just before last Christmas. In the previous 78 league games, dating back to March 2016, Nuhiu had started just 4 of them. Hardly a surprise he went for so long without a goal really is it?

is he playing for a contract and salary increase?, and is it a contract and increase with us?

Increased confidence - and increased fitness have improved Atdhe's performances immensely. Do we therefore keep him ?

I'm not so sure . Maybe offer a one or two year contract and see how it is received.