Barry Bannan wants Atdhe Nuhiu to get a new contract

I would give him 1 more year.

Regardless of what folk say about him, he is a handful and does make and impact when he comes on. I also think the squad suffered a little when we let Semedo go with regards to moral and I think it would be a mistake to let Nuhiu go just 12 months later.

I think going next season with forward options of Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Joao and Nuhiu would be more than enough provided we don't have the shocking bad luck with injuries we have had this season. We could then loan out Rhodes to see if he can get a run of games and his goal scoring touch back elsewhere and sell Winnall to Derby to ease FFP pressures.

He's probably on about 10% of the salaries our so-called star players are on - Fletcher, Abdi, Rhodes etc. It's surely a no-brainer to give him another 12 months now we've seen what he can do with a manager who doesn't view the back-up players as something he's stepped in? 

5 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

He's 28, hardly ever been injured and has a reputation amongst opposition players and managers alike.  He 100% should get longer than a 1 year deal, as he will still have value at 29 if we get promoted and he's still got time left on his contract.  There would be many suitors.  If we're still in the Champ, then he has a value to the team as well.  

This post is far too sensible!!!

STOP IT! :ph34r:

lol 

No brainer

the man is one of the all time cult swfc players. Not many fall into that category. Madden, Jemson, Semedo, Coughlan, Flash Gordon Watson, JJ, Pressman, Sibon.

so hard to define what makes a player ‘cult’ but all of those were. Big Adthe is the same. 

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

“The big man’s been brilliant,” said Bannan, who returned to the Wednesday team on Saturday for the victory over Leeds United.

“I’ve been watching for three months and he’s been one of our best players.

“You know what you’re going to get from him, he’s going to give 100%, he’s a handful for defenders.

“He scored two goals (on Saturday) and that’s great for confidence and hopefully he kicks on and has a strong finish. “He’s a fans favourite, the fans love him, the boys love him, he’s a big character in the changing room.

“He gets on really well with everyone.

“As for a new contract, that’s for the chairman and Atdhe and the manager to sort out.

“It’s not for me to speak about but from the players’ point of view it would be great to see him staying because he’s a big character and everybody loves him.” 

I agree with every word of this. 

Without a doubt Dave deserves a new contract and should be kept because in my opinion he is a vital member of the squad , no matter what his critics on here say . 

You need diversity in a team and he offers a different dimension which the right manager could use.

I think we all agree about the limited talent but what he has can be channelled and useful.

Shame others don't seem as committed but Saturdays double has given us massive breathing space..

I'm not saying he'll start every game but a new 1 year contract, then YES 100%.

Obviously the other players want nuhiu to get another contract. He's so bad that he makes our bad players (most of them) look good. 

And when you do that you are indispensable to your team mates. 

Nuihu is hopeless. I expect the demi God who now runs the team to give him another contract. 

You can't built a team for the future with people like nuhiu around. I won't call him a footballer as that isn't what he is.

• Haha 1

Great to have off the bench something different,always gives 100%;loves the club and fans obviously liked by the rest of the players too....Better then Fletcher who was supposed to be Nuhiu's upgrade..I know which one I'd keep if I had the choice..

BUT ... ...if we want promotion have we got the space for an average player with a massive heart....sentiment or logic..?

UTO ftb

Nuhiu is a massive presence in the dressing room and a very popular person with the rest of the squad. Losing Semedo in the summer was a massive blow to the team morale etc... don't underestimate players like Nuhiu and his influence off the pitch.

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Obviously the other players want nuhiu to get another contract. He's so bad that he makes our bad players (most of them) look good. 

And when you do that you are indispensable to your team mates. 

Nuihu is hopeless. I expect the demi God who now runs the team to give him another contract. 

You can't built a team for the future with people like nuhiu around. I won't call him a footballer as that isn't what he is.

What is he then? 

14 hours ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

I take all players comments with a pinch of salt to be honest.

Journalist (on the record) "Barry, what do you think of Atdhe"

Barry "Well, he is a useless lump, his farts small, and no one want to room with him"

To be honest, I'm a big fan of Atdhe, I think he is a great player that adds something to the squad that no one else adds. But players being asked direct questions? They are never going to give an honest answer. However I'm sure Barry loved Big Dave. How could you not.

Would you like him more if his farts were bigger?

lol

His form of late has been brilliant and his influence is clear to see,hes a proper charachter,and you can see from the players reactions on the pitch hes popular with them.

IMO it would be a BIG mistake to let him go,he wouldnt be replaced cheaply either.

Sign him up!!!