Clean language viewing

3 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

Is there anywhere in the ground where I can be fairly sure Im not going to be surrounded by people swearing, even if we are losing? I want to take my kid to a game, but the one time I took the wife, some guy was yelling expletives at Laws all through the game and she is reluctant to subject my daughters innocent ears to the same thing. 

I know its important to get the kids there young otherwise they will end up supporting Man United or Liverpool like everyone else over here. (Northern Ireland)

I'm afraid there is always "some" level of bad language in all areas. Maybe the grandstand has less than anywhere else.

You'll just have to do what my daughter did when I started taking my grandson.

You have to impress on the child that he must never, ever, repeat any bad language hear hears at the match.

And never repeat anything he hears his grandad say whilst driving to the game.WTF:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Back of North near away end, half of them are that that smashed that it's just dribble that comes out of there mouth :ghoulguy:

But they are good at pointing +

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

Is there anywhere in the ground where I can be fairly sure Im not going to be surrounded by people swearing, even if we are losing? I want to take my kid to a game, but the one time I took the wife, some guy was yelling expletives at Laws all through the game and she is reluctant to subject my daughters innocent ears to the same thing. 

I know its important to get the kids there young otherwise they will end up supporting Man United or Liverpool like everyone else over here. (Northern Ireland)

I'm in the Grandstand- family area (3rd block in). I've been challenging a few individuals about their language all season, up to a point where I blew a fuse at a few of them a few games ago and all but one have reigned it in a bit.

If you want to join me in there we can work together next season lol

Joking aside, I've spoken to the club and they've assured me they're making an effort to sort it by sending in covert teams when complaints are made. 

7 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

All the bad things going on in the world, and people worry about kids hearing a few swear words. Only words people...

Quite saddened by this , words can be very powerful and intimidating , what example is an adult setting to some impressionable young kid when Effing and Jeffing , only words yes but mostly said in anger. I’m no do gooder but I think there’s a law against swearing isn’t there ? 

9 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

All the bad things going on in the world, and people worry about kids hearing a few swear words. Only words people...

I can just picture the scene at the next parents evening:

Teacher: Unfortunately, we need to discuss little Johnny's foul language. This morning, he called dear old Mrs Smith, one of the grandmas who comes in to read with our children, a f*cking c*unt, threatened to rip off her head and sh*t down her neck, and then started jumping up and down shouting 'if you don't f*cking bounce' over and over. When I tried to speak to him about his behaviour, he told me 'the library's a sh*thole, I want to go home'.

Parent: Hmmmm. I wouldn't worry about it; they're just words. Have you seen what's going on in Syria?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Quite saddened by this , words can be very powerful and intimidating , what example is an adult setting to some impressionable young kid when Effing and Jeffing , only words yes but mostly said in anger. I’m no do gooder but I think there’s a law against swearing isn’t there ? 

There is nothing young kids will hear at the match they havnt already heard ( and probably said) at school . 

At some point in their lives they're going to learn the words anyway, so may as well be while you're watching the blue and white wizards... 

As others have said, South Stand is your best bet. I've sat on the South twice this season and not really heard any swearing to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, 33 said:

Was just clear with my lads that what they heard at football stayed at football

You won’t get away from it totally and the above worked for us

Good advice mate