Clean language viewing

8 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Give the bloke some slack though , shouldn’t have to endure expletives all over the ground , I wouldn’t like it if my young un heard it tbh .

It’s just words DullsburyOwl. Won’t harm his girl at all, will toughen her up standing with the gruff northern men.

Edited by Rebowl Yell

45 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Is there anywhere in the ground where I can be fairly sure Im not going to be surrounded by people swearing, even if we are losing? I want to take my kid to a game, but the one time I took the wife, some guy was yelling expletives at Laws all through the game and she is reluctant to subject my daughters innocent ears to the same thing. 

I know its important to get the kids there young otherwise they will end up supporting Man United or Liverpool like everyone else over here. (Northern Ireland)

Fu cking obvious really you daft tw at!

Take 'em in the bas tard Grandstand 'cause there aren't too many cu nts swearing up there 'cause it's full of shi tty little kids.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rebowl Yell said:

It’s just words DullsburyOwl. Won’t harm his girl at all, will toughen her up standing with the gruff northern men.

I’m looking at a more refined cultured society though Mr Idol  . My son is 21 and I still don’t swear in front of him am I old school ? Still don’t sing out the swear words in front of him at games !! Haha . 

• Haha 2

Guest Bulgaria
50 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Cool, ive been to loads and not heard a lot, but unfortunately the one time she is persuaded to go there was someone being a right d*ck. 

Sorry about that but the pie burnt my tongue, I spilt Bovril down me trousers suffering severe burns and laws had ignored my request for an autograph earlier in the day.

1 hour ago, Daizan10 said:

Is there anywhere in the ground where I can be fairly sure Im not going to be surrounded by people swearing, even if we are losing? I want to take my kid to a game, but the one time I took the wife, some guy was yelling expletives at Laws all through the game and she is reluctant to subject my daughters innocent ears to the same thing. 

I know its important to get the kids there young otherwise they will end up supporting Man United or Liverpool like everyone else over here. (Northern Ireland)

I took my young un to the Swansea match and sat in the South, (I normally sit in the North) and it was a great day with no bad language whatsoever.

9 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I’m looking at a more refined cultured society though Mr Idol  . My son is 21 and I still don’t swear in front of him am I old school ? Still don’t sing out the swear words in front of him at games !! Haha . 

You are very old school Grandad. You need to be more hipster like me, I write swear words on the fridge magnets at home because I’m cool and I finally passed my GCSE’s this year after 25 years of trying :carlos: 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Give the bloke some slack though , shouldn’t have to endure expletives all over the ground , I wouldn’t like it if my young un heard it tbh .

I'm not having a go at all but if you don't want your kid to not hear any swearing then leave them at home, just the honest truth of the matter

Ever heard the language kids turn out when they think no adults are around . As long as they know it's bad language and shouldnt be repeated that's all you can do . Hearing bad language at a footie match won't turn them into potty mouths or be anything that most school age children haven't heard before . 

Edited by cross owl

2 minutes ago, cross owl said:

Ever heard the language kids turn out when they think no adults are around . As long as they know it's bad language and shouldnt be repeated that'

I suggested going in The Grandstand to my daughter when she was 7 years old and she said, "Fu ck that Dad, it's full of boring bast ards up there!"

• Haha 4

Right at the very top / back of the South Stand towards the Kop end. Didn’t hear any bad language at all. There’s a little play zone thingy for the kids as well. Not much in it tbh but my two boys loved having their faces painted and meeting Ozzie Owl. 

It’s a great feeling to watch them celebrate their first Wednesday goal. 

I obviously took them to the pub later and got them rat arsed, and then on the way home force fed em a kebab wi extra hot chilli sauce,  just for balance like. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daizan10 said:

Don't take the wife and tell your daughter not to listen to the swearing.

Sorted!

• Like 1