Let's crowdfund George Hirst's new contract

#prayforgeorge

Ithink we could have tin rattlers collecting at every match. We could have bog snorkeling event's down at Middlewood to raise additional funds. 

I'm pretty sure we could get an owlstalk rota drawn together so we could get him lifts to and from the ground on match day's, and the lasses could sort him some pack up and wash his kit.

We have enough 'resting' player's to sort a charity 'It's a Knock Out', and by the looks of it the blunts could help out to;

iak-game-4.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonycunningham said:

It was worth a try.  I was lucky enough to be at the Everton game when his Dad made his debut and followed the Owls home and away during his career.

I hope my kids get the same sort of opportunity at some point, even though I could take or leave the Premier League myself.

You can't set a precedent like this or where will it end.

Open to abuse and future player bribery and might I even say, club expectations of this.

Whilst I emplore your thoughts to resolve, I also would like the situation resolved, it's not a feasible way.

Edited by ElsecarOwl

1 hour ago, tonycunningham said:

It was worth a try.  I was lucky enough to be at the Everton game when his Dad made his debut and followed the Owls home and away during his career.

I hope my kids get the same sort of opportunity at some point, even though I could take or leave the Premier League myself.

No guarantee he’ll turn out even half as good as his dad.

Lads would kill to be in his in his position and play for Wednesday. If he’s got face on and wants to be greedy then good riddance. End of the day he’s still unproven at this level.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonycunningham said:

Let's crowdfund George Hirst's new contract.  I appreciate the positions of both parties on this matter and I know Wednesdayites have strong feelings on this subject, but perhaps we can come together to grease the wheels of this deal as follows:-

Weekly direct debits of between £1 & £5 can be set up by Wednesdayites.

Target is to raise £10000 per week.

Removes any concerns Chansiri has about this deal impacting our FFP model.

The gesture in itself I would hope would carry significant significance with both parties involved.

Hopefully Chansiri could also as a gesture allow Hirst to play for the first team.

If he ends up leaving we can donate the money raised to the Owls Foundation, which supports our Academy which under the leadership  of Haslam and young Wilko is doing a great job.

With apologies to Mel Sterland, young George Hirst is the best prospect to come through our academy in my lifetime (born 1973) and I think we owe it to ourselves to try and break the current stalemate.

Joao and Hirst up front next season with Forestieri playing in the hold just behind them?

Why would anyone want to put money into the pockets of Doyen ? 

3 hours ago, Prince said:

Count me out thanks.

This is the daftest suggestion I have ever read on here and that takes some doing. If people have £5 a week to give away then Bluebell Wood is a very deserving charity.

http://www.bluebellwood.org/donate/

This George Hirst fund could still be a good cause. 

Consider that when George Hirst is banging in the goals for us, fewer fellas will get angry drunk after a match, resulting in less overall violence, and poor peaceful homes across the city.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

My concern with George is whether he has the physical strength; HIs concern is his earnings. A more adequate solution would be to attack both problems by lining him up with 25 hours a week working on 'The Bins'. Build up his strength and nett him an extra £300 a week. 

A solution would have been let him play in the first team and let folk make their own minds up..This includes the management team, cos thats the acid test

4 hours ago, tonycunningham said:

Let's crowdfund George Hirst's new contract.  I appreciate the positions of both parties on this matter and I know Wednesdayites have strong feelings on this subject, but perhaps we can come together to grease the wheels of this deal as follows:-

Weekly direct debits of between £1 & £5 can be set up by Wednesdayites.

Target is to raise £10000 per week.

Removes any concerns Chansiri has about this deal impacting our FFP model.

The gesture in itself I would hope would carry significant significance with both parties involved.

Hopefully Chansiri could also as a gesture allow Hirst to play for the first team.

If he ends up leaving we can donate the money raised to the Owls Foundation, which supports our Academy which under the leadership  of Haslam and young Wilko is doing a great job.

With apologies to Mel Sterland, young George Hirst is the best prospect to come through our academy in my lifetime (born 1973) and I think we owe it to ourselves to try and break the current stalemate.

Joao and Hirst up front next season with Forestieri playing in the hold just behind them?

Lets not.

1 hour ago, steveger said:

Have thought about it and let's not...

I fancy a new carpet and wardrobe though...

donate at:

www.givestevesomedosh.co.uk 

Just donated a tenner, I now want to know which segment of carpet I've bought and would it be possible to have my name on it, tiny little brass plaque, nothing to showy lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1