Let's crowdfund George Hirst's new contract

22 minutes ago, tonycunningham said:

Let's crowdfund George Hirst's new contract.  I appreciate the positions of both parties on this matter and I know Wednesdayites have strong feelings on this subject, but perhaps we can come together to grease the wheels of this deal as follows:-

Weekly direct debits of between £1 & £5 can be set up by Wednesdayites.

Target is to raise £10000 per week.

Removes any concerns Chansiri has about this deal impacting our FFP model.

The gesture in itself I would hope would carry significant significance with both parties involved.

Hopefully Chansiri could also as a gesture allow Hirst to play for the first team.

If he ends up leaving we can donate the money raised to the Owls Foundation, which supports our Academy which under the leadership  of Haslam and young Wilko is doing a great job.

With apologies to Mel Sterland, young George Hirst is the best prospect to come through our academy in my lifetime (born 1973) and I think we owe it to ourselves to try and break the current stalemate.

Joao and Hirst up front next season with Forestieri playing in the hold just behind them?

I’d much rather give my money to charity than line George Hirst’s pockets.

• Like 1

It was worth a try.  I was lucky enough to be at the Everton game when his Dad made his debut and followed the Owls home and away during his career.

I hope my kids get the same sort of opportunity at some point, even though I could take or leave the Premier League myself.

• Haha 1

What we need is some pop stars to all make a hit record.

Then follow it up by having a massive 24 hour concert with live links between Hillsborough Park stage and Venues in LA, Berlin, and Sidney. Broadcast in full on national TV and radio Sheffield. You could even get Noel Edmond's to fly his helicopter between Sidney and Hillsborough Park so that Kylie can perform twice in two venues.

The sky's the limit.

Put me down for a volunteer slot on the phone lines.

:CEO:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

Then follow it up by having a massive 24 hour concert with live links between Hillsborough Park stage and Venues in LA, Berlin, and Sidney. Broadcast in full on national TV and radio Sheffield. You could even get Noel Edmond's to fly his helicopter between Sidney and Hillsborough Park so that Kylie can perform twice in two venues.

The sky's the limit.

That's the spirit! :-)

Unlike those lads who organised that one let me assure you that I am not a non dom neither do I have all my royalties channelled through Holland.

5 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

The sky's the limit.

Anyone got Geldoff's number?

1 hour ago, tonycunningham said:

Let's crowdfund George Hirst's new contract.  I appreciate the positions of both parties on this matter and I know Wednesdayites have strong feelings on this subject, but perhaps we can come together to grease the wheels of this deal as follows:-

Weekly direct debits of between £1 & £5 can be set up by Wednesdayites.

Target is to raise £10000 per week.

Removes any concerns Chansiri has about this deal impacting our FFP model.

The gesture in itself I would hope would carry significant significance with both parties involved.

Hopefully Chansiri could also as a gesture allow Hirst to play for the first team.

If he ends up leaving we can donate the money raised to the Owls Foundation, which supports our Academy which under the leadership  of Haslam and young Wilko is doing a great job.

With apologies to Mel Sterland, young George Hirst is the best prospect to come through our academy in my lifetime (born 1973) and I think we owe it to ourselves to try and break the current stalemate.

Joao and Hirst up front next season with Forestieri playing in the hold just behind them?

Yeah lets bank on an unproven 18 year old whos never scored a senior goal to get us promoted and bin off Gary Hooper...

• Thanks 1

Let’s not and say we did!

But seriously if his heart isn’t blue and white the let the mardy bugger rot in premiership reserve team. 

Even if he had been ill advised by an agent surely he should know what the club means to his dad and take inspiration from that?

14 minutes ago, Strings said:

Let’s not and say we did!

But seriously if his heart isn’t blue and white the let the mardy bugger rot in premiership reserve team. 

Even if he had been ill advised by an agent surely he should know what the club means to his dad and take inspiration from that?

The club means nothing to his dad 

It seems that the idea has not been well-received.

Maybe I am different to others but I would be happy to contribute.

Harry Kane is now worth £200 million.

There is a chance albeit a small chance that George Hirst could be the next Harry Kane

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd rather crowdfund lower POTG prices

Everyone who can afford Mr Chansiri's pricing could throw in a bit more and crowdfund down the POTG prices so more could attend

I agree. 

Only cos next season I'm POTG!

9 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

It seems that the idea has not been well-received.

Maybe I am different to others but I would be happy to contribute.

Harry Kane is now worth £200 million.

There is a chance albeit a small chance that George Hirst could be the next Harry Kane

More likely to be the next Jordan Slew..