Let's crowdfund George Hirst's new contract

4 minutes ago, tonycunningham said:

Let's crowdfund George Hirst's new contract.  I appreciate the positions of both parties on this matter and I know Wednesdayites have strong feelings on this subject, but perhaps we can come together to grease the wheels of this deal as follows:-

Weekly direct debits of between £1 & £5 can be set up by Wednesdayites.

Target is to raise £10000 per week.

Removes any concerns Chansiri has about this deal impacting our FFP model.

The gesture in itself I would hope would carry significant significance with both parties involved.

Hopefully Chansiri could also as a gesture allow Hirst to play for the first team.

If he ends up leaving we can donate the money raised to the Owls Foundation, which supports our Academy which under the leadership  of Haslam and young Wilko is doing a great job.

With apologies to Mel Sterland, young George Hirst is the best prospect to come through our academy in my lifetime (born 1973) and I think we owe it to ourselves to try and break the current stalemate.

Joao and Hirst up front next season with Forestieri playing in the hold just behind them?

All clubbing together for a greedy 18 year old .no thanks

that's football fans for yer'

personally, i doubt i would have chipped in unless it was well taken up, but generally fans think a millionaire should buy the club, chuck his money into new players, and f*** off when he's spent up. 

for a multi millionaire to step in, and s**** all his money on the club whilst keeping the seat prices at £20 and building a new ground.

i've come to the conclusion over time that football is still much a working class game, and certain people have little understanding of money ownership.