Jos Luhukay explains Almen Abdi's absence

9 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

All this is a f@cking massive joke.

Agree with this, although the joke wears off when you factor in the fact the wages of Abdi and many many others have, and will continue to set back this club financially for a generation.

Guest Jack the Hat

There used to be a joke going around the building sites where I worked about a joiner who kept deliberately injuring himself because he didn't know how to build a spiral staircase. Maybe he doesn't remember how to play football anymore so he poked himself in the eye!

The disappointing thing for me is that we didn't need an Abdi-type player in the summer of 2016. We needed a physical central midfield enforcer.

The second disappointing thing was the hype on his arrival - both some on here stating how good he was, which was presumably based on his Watford days, and secondly CC saying he's a starting XI signing and Abdi saying he was promised a central position.

Clearly the subsequent 'injuries' have affected his performances, appearances and confidence. But even when he has been 'fit' he's not really had any impact or played.

Sort of symbolic of the last two years at the club.

I just don't buy it. 

Injury after injury. 

Didn't Jurgen Klopp recently pull up Sturridge on his continual problem with "injuries". 

I don't know what the problem is with Abdi, but I just get the sense that the bloke will find any excuse not to play. I know that's a pretty serious accusation to level at a professional footballer, but that's the conclusion I've reached.