Yorkshire Post comment on praise and grumble

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-v-bolton-everyone-must-share-the-blame-says-adam-reach-1-9058211

Wednesday’s demise this season – after back-to-back play-offs – has been blamed by some on a poor pre-season and lack of fitness while conspiracy theorists would have you believe that several key players are not allowed to play due to impending bonus payments.

Unless I've missed something that's the only reference I can see. Not exactly an expose.

• Like 1

YORKSHIRE POST TODAY

Adam Reach says everyone at Sheffield Wednesday must share the blame for the Owls’ troubled season. Saturday’s drab draw with Bolton Wanderers – Aaron Wilbraham’s stoppage-time header cancelling out George Boyd’s opener – means the Owls are eight points above the relegation drop zone.

Relegation would be the wrong way owner Dejphon Chansiri envisaged leaving the Championship after pumping millions of pounds into the club over the last two years. Wednesday’s demise this season – after back-to-back play-offs – has been blamed by some on a poor pre-season and lack of fitness while conspiracy theorists would have you believe that several key players are not allowed to play due to impending bonus payments.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-v-bolton-everyone-must-share-the-blame-says-adam-reach-1-9058211

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

YORKSHIRE POST TODAY

Adam Reach says everyone at Sheffield Wednesday must share the blame for the Owls’ troubled season. Saturday’s drab draw with Bolton Wanderers – Aaron Wilbraham’s stoppage-time header cancelling out George Boyd’s opener – means the Owls are eight points above the relegation drop zone.

Relegation would be the wrong way owner Dejphon Chansiri envisaged leaving the Championship after pumping millions of pounds into the club over the last two years. Wednesday’s demise this season – after back-to-back play-offs – has been blamed by some on a poor pre-season and lack of fitness while conspiracy theorists would have you believe that several key players are not allowed to play due to impending bonus payments.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-v-bolton-everyone-must-share-the-blame-says-adam-reach-1-9058211

Well that’s blown it reyt out of the water that.

1 hour ago, Arthur Bach said:

The caller who mentioned the YP made the quip with such conviction and a slight sense of smug satisfaction he must have been fed this prior to the game.

He couldn't wait to tell us.

Nice one sunshine.

And Tinkerbell copped all the flak for quoting him. The caller was obviously not circumcised though, he truly was a complete pr1ck.

Sorry mods

• Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

For me, it would provide further evidence that the rumours regrading absences through falls-outs or contract reasons, are indeed false.

As one whose prone to believe conspiracy theories, I won't be convinced if some of these players only play 3-4 games at the end of the season, and then go.

Remember the bizarre Urby Emanualson appearance - Did those 20 mins change you mind about his signing?

Well we’ll have to disagree mate as I don’t see that as any indicator whatsoever.

For instance, if we were relegated would you expect the same players to stay at the club? No chance.

We’re actually 12 months late in shipping a few out IMO.

What about the nasty scandalous business of the double booking on the south/grandstand?

A well respected poster on here did himself a mischief clambering over seats.

I'm writing in to letterbocks about the the toxicity that's rampant in our beloved club......then I'm going to stab myself in the eye with a corner flag and martyr my self for my beloved club.

Can you lot sort a brick for me?... I've left our lass short again...

WTF!?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Zlin Owl said:

And Tinkerbell copped all the flak for quoting him. The caller was obviously not circumcised though, he truly was a complete pr1ck.

Sorry mods

Tinkerbell is a good poster, but think she got lots of flak for her opening post in the deleted thread because she didn't actually quote him, but stated what had been said, and stated it like a fact.  This is what most people responded to and it got a little silly.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

"You've got Hooper, you've got Bannan, You've got Westwood, Not Forestieri but you've also got Fletcher"

"Those players are going to be in an article in the Yorkshire Post on Monday I don't know if you've heard or if you know about it, and it describes those players and he's even going to describe how many games they play before they qualify to get a bonus"

"Those players are going to be named and the actual games they play and potentially the bonuses they're going to get"

"They're not injured. They are fit (And Hutchinson too)"

"They're not playing because they don't want to get caught up in the 7 million pound that they paid out last year in bonuses with the fair play"

That's why they're not playing"

"It's going to be in the Yorkshire Post on Monday. Someone down there is telling you lies"

You’ve got to be one hell of a sad bas***d to make something like that up. Never understood why people think it’s a good idea to just come out with crap like this, just like that portly fella that comes on here every now and then claiming he’s in the know about everything cos he hangs around outside the training ground every day.