Yorkshire Post comment on praise and grumble

4 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I heard the caller on P&G on Saturday and although I can't recall the exact words it was clear that he was referring to the printed paper, which I believe is available in the morning.

Even if I misunderstood, and the caller meant "on-line", why would the YP wait until Monday evening to put a story their website that they already had on Saturday tea time?

You're putting up a good effort, but you're failing to defend the indefensible.

PS. If the story has appeared by 23:59 tonight highlight this post and I'll post an apology. 

"Although I can't recall the exact words"..lolWTF!?

• Haha 2

Just now, Arthur Bach said:

Too many people listening to the turnstile operator, the programme seller and the kit man.

Still to this day people want a little bit of magic attention, a momentary sense of importance based on absolutely nothing.

Still, it keeps more owlstalk readers busy.

Great, you've just surrendered the identities of the top three sauces of OT rumour, they'll vanish overnight. lol

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

What's your take on it? Do you believe him?

I've said about twenteen zillion trillion times that I think it was just a throwaway comment by a fan on a radio phone in who just tossed in something that either he'd heard on the kop from someone who'd made it up, or made it up himself

lol

Owlstalk Shop

I also totally believe that the absolute interest in this even being worthy of discussion is that our fans don't believe really that our players are just out injured and so therefore are looking for an explanation of any kind to explain away why our entire first team squad have been totally missing

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, Will69 said:

It was worth all the abuse taken for daring to say this was utter BS in the end.

A lot of people look very silly this morning.

If you've taken abuse, I hope you reported it, we're only discussing the credibility of rumours, which none of us can be sure about one way or the other.

I think far too much importance is being given to the YP element. These rumours, true or false, have been around for many weeks and put to the club by local journalists.

The proof (if we ever get it fully) will be the re-introduction of the players being talked about and them being here next season.

-not whether the YP release an article today.

Guest mkowl
10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I also totally believe that the absolute interest in this even being worthy of discussion is that our fans don't believe really that our players are just out injured and so therefore are looking for an explanation of any kind to explain away why our entire first team squad have been totally missing

Exactly that 

A conspiracy theory gets traction because a situation arises ie players not playing thru injury, or the quantum of players not playing thru injury is almost unprecedented, there is a plausible potential reason ie due to the fact players contracts do have such clauses and the latest accounts show we are sailing close to FFP 

It was the fourth side of the square, namely that if it was arising I really can't see the player or more likely their agent not filtering this into the public domain

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've said about twenteen zillion trillion times that I think it was just a throwaway comment by a fan on a radio phone in who just tossed in something that either he'd heard on the kop from someone who'd made it up, or made it up himself

lol

I agree that the comment is made up. However I disagree with the throwaway bit. They guy knew exactly what he was doing to create divide in the fan base by latching onto a rumour.

• Haha 1

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I agree that the comment is made up. However I disagree with the throwaway bit. They guy knew exactly what he was doing to create divide in the fan base by latching onto a rumour.

No he didn't

It was clear he just dropped the comment in to try and get some credibility for what he was saying

There was no pre-planning whatsoever in my opinion

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Am I missing something here,

Genuine question - Haven't these  bonus rumours been around for many weeks and wasn't Jos asked about them in a press conference c2weeks ago?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yes

Totally

Well why is so much importance being given to 1 punter on RS on Saturday.

These rumours have been around for weeks and been put to the club by local journo's.

I'm not getting this thread, and for that reason I'm out.

Just now, zzmdu said:

These rumours have been around for weeks and been put to the club by local journo's.

Don't go!!!.... PLEASE don't go...

WTF!?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

Exactly

That's what I've been saying all along

lol

It's nuts!

Owlstalk Shop

This is like on Football Manager when you go on a bit of a spending spree and you're offering contracts and they're all going green and two seasons down the line you remember you didn't read all the bonuses clearly.

• Haha 1