Yorkshire Post comment on praise and grumble

Guest Kameron
Just now, Morepork said:

Yeah, I think they do a Hindi edition, probably be in that one..... 

When it stops p*ssing down I'll go and get one. You ok to translate?

It’s great news that the rumours appear once again to be rubbish. I know some people are hurting but it’s positive news really. Players are now returning from injury, embrace the potential of this situation. We might finish the season in the kind of mediocre fashion we started it.

• Like 1

Just now, Donny.Owl said:

Neil why do you defend the little band of stirrers so readily?

But don't defend and even join in, when it's the other way around?

"Fan haters" really?

I'm in the middle on neutral ground

The idea of the site is to discuss SWFC not each other, other posters etc

All I'm seeing is fans logging on to have a pop at other fans on a personal level and not discussing the topics which is just not adding anything constructive at all.

And the fact that's ALL they do is weird. You never see them talking about the football club or in any positive threads.

Thats' all

I'm defending the right to post an opinion and debate it without someone steaming into you and turning it into a bickering festival that's all

Owlstalk Shop

I said ages ago. Nowt really mega surprising about our injury situation.

About 4 or 5 of our players are regularly injured. That's how we managed to sign some of them, in leaner financial times.

So an "injury crisis" which are common at all clubs from time to time, only adds to the above.

Creating what we're seeing now.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Keep em coming

Nothing more interesting than fans just point scoring against fans innit

How about some from the other side saying 'it might be out at lunchtime' or 'it'll be out at teatime' to add some balance?

:goalie:

Right? The whole "See, I told you so" one-upmanship thing is so bloomin' childish. And this is coming from someone who recently photoshopped Jos's head onto Emily Symons. 

If someone makes an outlandish claim, and it's not backed up by a source, yeah, it's annoying, but all we need to do is ignore it and move on to a different thread. Otherwise we're just giving rumours the oxygen they need to propagate.

Edited by Samurai Blue
Edited for reasons of spelling pedantry.

1 minute ago, Samurai Blue said:

Right? The whole "See, I told you so" one-upmanship thing is so bloomin' childish. And this is coming from someone who recently photoshopped Jos's head onto Emily Symons. 

If someone makes an outlandish claim, and it's not backed up by a source, yeah, it's annoying, but all we need to do is ignore it and move on to a different thread. Otherwise we're just giving rumours the oxygen they needs to propagate.

Bang on
Let's move on

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm in the middle on neutral ground

The idea of the site is to discuss SWFC not each other, other posters etc

All I'm seeing is fans logging on to have a pop at other fans on a personal level and not discussing the topics which is just not adding anything constructive at all.

And the fact that's ALL they do is weird. You never see them talking about the football club or in any positive threads.

Thats' all

I'm defending the right to post an opinion and debate it without someone steaming into you and turning it into a bickering festival that's all

Some of these so called, "fan haters" have been on this site for years. Have posted on loads of threads and subjects. 

You've just noticed them more, as they're clearly mithed at, and react to, the group that have the opposite

stance. 

You could call those posters out too, as having a pattern and only making the same type of posts.

Personally think one is a symptom of the other.

Just now, Sonny said:

The thread is about a rumour, and whether that rumour might be reported in the Yorkshire Post. Let’s try and keep on topic guys and not let people detail it.

Amen

In my opinion the whole thing just started as a throwaway comment by a caller on Praise Or Grumble who made it as part of a lonnnnng whinge against everything at the club

That's all

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

What time did they commit to? (we all know that newspapers publish stories 24/7)

I heard the caller on P&G on Saturday and although I can't recall the exact words it was clear that he was referring to the printed paper, which I believe is available in the morning.

Even if I misunderstood, and the caller meant "on-line", why would the YP wait until Monday evening to put a story their website that they already had on Saturday tea time?

You're putting up a good effort, but you're failing to defend the indefensible.

PS. If the story has appeared by 23:59 tonight highlight this post and I'll post an apology. 

3 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I heard the caller on P&G on Saturday and although I can't recall the exact words it was clear that he was referring to the printed paper, which I believe is available in the morning.

No it wasn't at all

Stop making stuff up and posting it on forums as FACT

Owlstalk Shop