Yorkshire Post comment on praise and grumble

As the original post was 8 pages in without anyone stating was was actually said, now the thread is closed, I heard and will repeat for those that didn't

Yorkshire Post will publish full details of payments to due to Westwood, Hopper, Fletcher, Hutchinson but not Forestieri, details of what the amounts are when they play a certain amount of games. The figure quoted was £7 million.

Jonathan glossed over it and didn't question it.

See what happens Monday

• Thanks 3

Guest mkowl

Is that figure sort of taken from the disclosure in the accounts. If so it will only prove that said payments are due - not a surprise all clubs are the same - the story is if they are not being played to not pay them.

Who knows 

5 minutes ago, Stockyowl said:

As the original post was 8 pages in without anyone stating was was actually said, now the thread is closed, I heard and will repeat for those that didn't

Yorkshire Post will publish full details of payments to due to Westwood, Hopper, Fletcher, Hutchinson but not Forestieri, details of what the amounts are when they play a certain amount of games. The figure quoted was £7 million.

Jonathan glossed over it and didn't question it.

See what happens Monday

Interesting, i wonder if thats why FF was kicking off. Assuming its true.

Guest Grez Bez

Well done on making the thread about the subject and not you!

Interesting I'll believe it when I see it however,

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just to add balance to this and restate that the club said last night this was NOT the case and that all the injuries are 100% genuine injuries and we've just been unlucky with it.

How far do you think ff is away from playing

So the article will reiterate what we have seen in the accounts, and that the club has made due allowance for?  This is different from proving that fit players are not being played because bonus payments will be due and a conspiracy of fake injuries used to hide this situation is it not?

Edited by Striggy

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Guest mkowl

As we know the accounts disclose that payments will fall due on certain events arising. Without getting all work related this is known as a contingent liability. 

That is it only becomes an actual liability on the occurence of an event. It is a required disclosure in the accounts so 3rd parties are made aware of how the future financial results could be affected.

Every club in the Championship will have a similar accounts disclosure. That in itself is not a story

I suspect that however will be the story that is sensationalised. The interesting bit will be if (big IF) one of the players or their agents breaks rank. I doubt they will because of the risk of being in breach of the basic contract